good welder for a beginner?

I've been doing lots of reading, I'm not going to rush the purchase since it's a big investment.

Might wait to see what I'll actually be using in School so I can get a similar machine to use on my own time.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Make sure the duty cycle is enough for what you plan to use it for, as you don't want to risk damaging your investment.

The longer the duty cycle the more the machine will cost.

EDIT: Don't limit yourself to one type of welder as you'll need to know how to weld with all types.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

That's why I was looking at one that's capable of multiple processes but everything I've been reading says there is always a sacrifice when you get a machine like that.

Seems like the ones that do the three well are thousands of dollars.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You should be able to find an older 220v lincoln electric stick welders for not a lot of money.

Get a nice miller arc welder and a mig/tig welder separately, this way you can just pick up what you need quickly without changing over, and as you have said the all in ones have their limitations and sacrifice something for something else.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

If you know how to solider then TIG will seem easy and not a lot of spatter. Mig with flux core wire would be the best bang for the buck and can produce great results on small stuff. Stick won't break the bank for big stuff and has a lot of spatter.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I've been doing lots of reading, I'm not going to rush the purchase since it's a big investment.

Might wait to see what I'll actually be using in School so I can get a similar machine to use on my own time.

This is what I would suggest. You'll not only learn the welding processes, but you will learn a lot about the machines--how they work and why one may be better for your intended use.

Static drops are my bag.

Archived