Help Me Find Out What My Prob Is

so in other words, i shouldnt worry?? and its low 12 volt, idk xact, but its low 12 volts....i dont know if its something i should worry about in the furute cause im only pullin 2k watts now, and when everything is done itll be around 4.5-5k, with 2 batts unless i need to buy a third

It doesnt matter if you have 1 battery or 100 batteries. If your system and vehicle is drawing more current than your alternator is putting out, eventually your lights will start dimming and your batteries will get down to a point that it will take a LONG time on a battery charger for them to be back at 100%. You either need a better alternator or 2 or you need to have more self-control over the volume knob. :D

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

It doesnt matter if you have 1 battery or 100 batteries. If your system and vehicle is drawing more current than your alternator is putting out, eventually your lights will start dimming and your batteries will get down to a point that it will take a LONG time on a battery charger for them to be back at 100%. You either need a better alternator or 2 or you need to have more self-control over the volume knob. :D

lol i dont like self control and volume in the same line, lol

i think its fine, if i HAVE too ill look into upgrading alts, but ive seen peoples voltage drop ALOT more then mine is...so i guess itll be fine, like i said, its not horably bad, i can just notice it

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

dimming lights are a part of having a system unless you have four alts multiple batts and missinglink adapter you should be fine but i would save up and buy a new alt at at the same time you buy that new bass amp. i have the same problem i know i need a new alt but cant afford one by adding batteries you are putting more of a load on alt :D

smdsig2.jpg

dimming lights are a part of having a system unless you have four alts multiple batts and missinglink adapter you should be fine but i would save up and buy a new alt at at the same time you buy that new bass amp. i have the same problem i know i need a new alt but cant afford one by adding batteries you are putting more of a load on alt :D

i can get a new alt...i just dont want too

i think ill be ok, thanks for all the help

id look to look into the mla thing tho...:)

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

What you can do is upgrade your wiring going to your fuse box...This should help with the dimming.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

i can get a new alt...i just dont want too

i think ill be ok, thanks for all the help

id look to look into the mla thing tho...:)

Our module works on GM / Ford alternators both stock or after market. Our unit will charge @ 15.3 -15.5v till warm then settles down to 14.7 when hot. I'm not sure on the 12.66 mentioned above but with that number you will always have charging problems. I'm a bass head to so we found a solution why put it in (audio) if you can not beat the hell out of things. There is no need to turn it down boost your voltage up to 15 and slam on (Meade did). Hope this helps, voltage below 13v really can piss off amps. We like to see your batteries resting @ 13+ not playing there. Thank you,

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Our module works on GM / Ford alternators both stock or after market. Our unit will charge @ 15.3 -15.5v till warm then settles down to 14.7 when hot. I'm not sure on the 12.66 mentioned above but with that number you will always have charging problems. I'm a bass head to so we found a solution why put it in (audio) if you can not beat the hell out of things. There is no need to turn it down boost your voltage up to 15 and slam on (Meade did). Hope this helps, voltage below 13v really can piss off amps. We like to see your batteries resting @ 13+ not playing there. Thank you,

MLA

can i get a pm on the price of one of those? it might help me out alot more then just getting a new alt alltogether

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

any voltage drop, even if it remains above 12v will cause a dimming effect. With the exception of HID kits, bulbs work alot like an unregulated power supply, the more they get fed the brighter they get. You are staying above 12v so I wouldn't worry about it.

X2 if the headlamp dimming is really annoying (like it was for me) HIDs is the way to go

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

its my stock alt...and i wanna keep that, its 130 amp, ive seen the mla products but did not kno if they worked for stock alts or not

mla will not fix the problem

130a x 60% (avergae amperage used by car)= 78a

130-78= 52a

no matter how many batts, theres no way thats enough amps to recharge ur batts and supply amps with enough power to not dim

and 12v is not great, u should shoot for 13.5-13.8... that would mean ur batts are at full charge almost all the time

TeamSundown-sig.jpg