Sundown Audio

sound quality differences between mono amps

VDub916

Exactly what I was looking for. Anyone know of a jl 1000 for sale!? I've looked through the classifieds and haven't found anything. Best deal I could find on Craigslist is $280 but I don't know how to test to see if the amp works. I can make it turn on but how do I test sound output? I've read that these amps have problems where they power up but don't have any output.

That's a good price if it runs, just ask if they can show it running, if they can't move on.

What is Korean?

It refers to the location of manufacture of the amp, Korea has build houses that make many different brands but just keep in mind that just because brand X is made in the same shop and uses the same board as brand Z that does NOT mean they are equal.

Not a JL fan would look into Sundown, DD, incriminator, or American bass VFL for amps

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, bringin this back.

I just picked up a slash 1000/1 for $300.

When I hook everything up, I am getting some serious feedback through my door speakers. Everything goes away when I disconnect the rca's from the slash amp. I still get the feed back through my door speakers even with the power wire disconnected from it.

I put my old amp back in and it works perfect. I've swapped back and forth 3 times now. I was thinking ground loop but I figured it would be there with both amps.

Is my new slash amp busted?

Archived