'96 GMC Sonoma 4 Fi BTL Neo 18's 6th Order Bandpass Walk-thru Build Log

Nice! Lowest I've gone was 16hz,was like a hurricane...would've gone lower but I don't have anything Lower Lol

Yeah lowest it gets is about 18 right now before it drops off. It'll get a bit lower once I drop the other subs in and get my port velocities up though.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Yeah after testing ive been playing with port velocities ...had a 6in aero in the rear now have an 8in rear port plays the 30s range louder than the 6in but the 6in played everything below 22hz louder....have a 8in aero on the way to see if the flares help out vs the 8in Octo

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

I hate to thread jack, but I hope it's ok, cause I feel like others may be curious as well.

How does increasing port velocity increase the output of your low end? Is that something that is more specific to a particular type of design (standard ported, 4th order, or 6th order) or is that an all-around set thing for any ported enclosure? Thank you.

I hate to thread jack, but I hope it's ok, cause I feel like others may be curious as well.

How does increasing port velocity increase the output of your low end? Is that something that is more specific to a particular type of design (standard ported, 4th order, or 6th order) or is that an all-around set thing for any ported enclosure? Thank you.

Port compression, typically a smaller port = more bandwidth. Larger port = less bandwidth, but louder. There's always outlying circumstances of course but that's the general rule of thumb.

Different velocities apply to different enclosures yes. I go by vent mach, around .04 for ported enclosures, .02 for 4th bandpass. And .15 for rear ports of 6th orders. Calculators only tell you so much though and you should only take it with a grain of salt.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Port compression, typically a smaller port = more bandwidth. Larger port = less bandwidth, but louder. There's always outlying circumstances of course but that's the general rule of thumb.

Different velocities apply to different enclosures yes. I go by vent mach, around .04 for ported enclosures, .02 for 4th bandpass. And .15 for rear ports of 6th orders. Calculators only tell you so much though and you should only take it with a grain of salt.

Ok, that's what I had in my mind as far as the effects, but wanted some confirmation.

13m/s for ported? And half of that for a 4th? That's drastically more efficient compared to the designs I've been tinkering with, going with 25m/s as my maximum. Thank you for the insight. I appreciate it.

• 4 months later...

Sup peeps. Got some updates. Gonna do it quick and easy.

hNsSKU6.jpg

v27EUlf.jpg

H6ZVOJ9.jpg

54auH53.jpg

3g5FJUO.jpg

j5yApDx.jpg

cMtHvNb.jpg

tpI68wo.jpg

Meters a 157.44 @ 40hz door open.

Meters high 54's @ 23hz @ headrest with windows down doors closed.

That 1 lithium is the entirety of my batt bank, nothing under hood. After making the new rear mailbox port it drops to about 11.8 now, used to drop to 12.3 with the old port.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Damn bruh you cute

;) <3

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Archived