Can a heavy trunk cause tranny problems ?

Might not be a bad idea to get a transmission flush and change the filter either, especially if its a high mileage vehicle.

If you do get a flush, I wouldnt go to a lube center that uses the machine that just sucks and fills the fluid from the dipstick hole, those seem to be kinda pointless because they are literately sucking in and out the same fluid. You need to find a place that taps into the actual transmission cooler lines.

However just dropping the transmission pan to change the filter usually means you have to replenish around half the transmission fluid sometimes more depending on the vehicle.

Even without the added weight of a stereo, metal parts wear as they grow older. shavings of metal typically get stuck to a magnet in the transmission pan, but can also plug the filter making the vehicle shift weird.

Those machines can doth both types of services, shops like to do it through the dipstick tube these days because it eliminates the chance of the idiots in the pit fucking up the Trans lines.

or using the wrong lines, when I worked at jiffy lube one of the other stores did a Trans flush through what they thought were Trans lines but we're really power steering lines.

I've used the machines that do it through the dipstick tube personally and what they do is take out all the full in the pan, add the same amount back, then you cycle the Trans through all gears multiple times, then you repeat the process till the fluid coming out looks just like the brand new fluid you're putting in,

I agree though that there is no way it's getting all the fluid but it's no different than doing a drain and fill by dropping the pan then putting it back and filling the Trans, it's actually better than that in my opinion.

Lots of new cars don't even have a Trans filter anymore or a dipstick to even check the fluid, they are built to fail from the factory.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Three of the things that will kill an auto trans quick are heat, heat and heat. I would recommend a trans cooler for anyone running their vehicle at capacity or over. Even a daily driver unloaded would benifit because the cooling systems sometimes are barely adequate from the factory. I have a factory cooler and added a second cooler beside it and it made a world of difference. I also added a B&M spin on filter so i can catch the small junk. I added a Trans Go shift kit to elimanate the sloppy shifts because sloppy slip / bump shifts make a ton of heat. My truck has almost 80k on the original trans Towing a trailer up to 14k a few times a month and still going strong.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Take it back and have them warranty it. Don't have them do a transflush have them service it by dropping the pan and replacing the gasket if you flush because if you flush little particles can get pushed into the gears and mess it up even more. I'm having issues with mine and that's what I'm doing with mine.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Three of the things that will kill an auto trans quick are heat, heat and heat. I would recommend a trans cooler for anyone running their vehicle at capacity or over. Even a daily driver unloaded would benifit because the cooling systems sometimes are barely adequate from the factory. I have a factory cooler and added a second cooler beside it and it made a world of difference. I also added a B&M spin on filter so i can catch the small junk. I added a Trans Go shift kit to elimanate the sloppy shifts because sloppy slip / bump shifts make a ton of heat. My truck has almost 80k on the original trans Towing a trailer up to 14k a few times a month and still going strong.

I was just reading through this and was going say the same thing so I'll add it again...HEAT KILLS AUTOS! and extra weight causes extra heat. Add a nice big tranny cooler, if it already has one from the factory consider adding a fan to it or adding area to it (bigger cooler). Me and a couple of buddies went up the the Silver Lake sand dunes here in Michigan with our Jeeps, two friends had Identical Jeeps (wranglers TJ, auto trans with 33" tires, 3.73 gears) one had experience with the dunes and added a trans cooler before the trip and the other didn't. after a few steep dune climbs the one guys trans was so over heated it literally just made a knocking sound and wouldn't move until it sat for an hour while the other friend was fine all day. The next year we went he added a cooler and was fine all day long. My jeep is a manual trans so it could care less.

If there is junk stuck in the corners then its better to stay where it is instead of having it clog up the valve body. This is why the flush gets a bad rap.

Pioneer 80PRS

i miss the days back when we had trannies like c4's c6's and like the 350's where you could beat the shit out of them and they didnt care. All these OD transmissions are just not built as well.

Ill be taking it back to the trans spot soon maybe this friday. Have them service it and get all i can out of this warranty before july. Also where would i find a tranny cooler ? Honestly never heard of it im no mechanic as well lol. Will any auto parts store have them or is it like special order?

I ordered mine from Summit Racing but any aftermarket source should have them. The factory trans cooler is probably inside the radiator. The new cooler would go on the outlet side of the factory cooler so then you would have two. Ask your tranny shop and see what they say. You should be able to find a ton of info with Google.

Pioneer 80PRS

Make sure you measure first and get the largest one you can fit.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived