Second Skin Audio

2002 dodge ram quad cab subs?.. 2 JL TW1, TW3, or Alpine SWR-T12

Don't know if that box will have enough port area , I'm not a box builder but know those sundowns love air space they need like 92sq inches for 2 -12's I think , someone help me out here.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I've been told thats why I should go with 12's over 10's if i can because 12's will hit lower bass better than 10's.. I myself prefer low low bass not the real punchy type bass, i mean i like that too, but i really like to hear the lows... seems that most songs i listen too always have low bass tones..

Myth

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I've seen polyfil used in a lot of ported boxes. It may not work,as efficiently as it does in sealed but it will still give some more air space even if it's a minimum compared to sealed.

It still will disrupt the air making the box react as it has more air space just not as effectively as a sealed box because of the port being an escape valve so to speak and air flow will follow the path of least resistance. Air pressure still expands in the box before exiting the port. Allowing the pressure to pass through and be disrupted by the polyfil similar to a sealed enclosure.

In the end it may not do as much as I'm hoping but being as close as I am to the air space I need some is better than none.

Well I did want to add I got one of my sundown sa-12's in and mounted it in my box since each side of the enclosure is separated from the other. I couldn't believe the amount of bass I gained on one sub over the kicker CompR subs. Sure I know everyone is going to say kicker is shit compared to sundown. No doubt it's not as good but I didn't think only one sub would make that much difference. Can't wait to get the other one in.

do you glue the polyfil to the box or just stuff it in there and let it bounce around? Just to let you know I DID ORDER the fox box. It should be here tomorrow. 3days shipping with the order included in that.. nice..

anyhow i'm not sure what i want.. i definately dont want to put adhesive and all that all over my truck because of the flexing.. Not sure whether to get the JL w3 or an alpine type-r..

seen some videos of peoples shit flexing and was like whoa im not sure i want my vehicle doing all that , lol... even the jl w3's and the type-r's made peoples car flex... i want the sundowns i just don't want to tear things up.. dont matter how new your car is.. the sundowns are the same price.. but will require me to sell this jx1000 and get atleast a 1500watter. and i need small profile... here is the one i want... http://store.crescendoaudio.com/symphony-s1500-1/ .. but its out of stock everywhere.. i called them today and saying there out about another 1 1/2 to 2 months... thats the 1 -ohm version... he said he has a 2 ohm version instock http://store.crescendoaudio.com/symphony-s1500-1f-midrange-monoblock/ ... i like that they have 1/0 inputs and the size of them... the only thing i see with the 2 ohm version is that its response freq and a couple other numbers are different...

Once you start to get any kind of output from the subs shit is going to vibrate, rattle, shake and what not. So you need to decide what it is you want to do. If you are not looking for huge out put just go sealed and get a couple of decent subs that work in sealed. no matter what you will always benefit from deadening your vehicle.

well I got my sub box today. I just couldnt wait any longer even if i dont have the new subs yet I'll use what i've been using the cheapo pioneers. I had to install spacers beneath my backseats to fit the box in. I lifted seats by specs 5/8 in. after said and done the sound i get from this box is so much better.. it hits the low bass now! I can't believe how much a difference just in the box made on the same speakers. I wish i had this box when i had the jl wxv3's. not going to get them again so not going to worry bout that. I went to local shop today cuz i just wanted more bass. I went to buy the type-r's which the chick on the phone said they were instock.. well drive 25 minutes across town and found out she was looking at the wrong speakers!!! they are actually out of stock and wont have an alpine shipment for the next 2-3 weeks! they have promotion 2 12 swr-12d2 for 279..

i'd really like to know how well the new sundown e12v3's compare..

20160609_202720.jpg

The enclosure makes the biggest difference out of anything in car audio. Its all about the enclosure to get the sound you want

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Archived