Term lab on motorcycle exhaust?

A friend of mine is concerned that his motorcycle exhaust is too loud, and was wondering if we could use the term lab to accurately measure the decibels of the exhaust

I think it should work, just curious if anyone has any experience with this. Thanks!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

We go to a shoe way up north. They do this with their cars exhaust. Fuck, for about 3 hours all you hear is blow offs poppin, Rev limiters bouncing. It's cool for about 3 minutes but man, it gets Hella annoying. Anyway, yup, it's completely doable.

One factor to consider is the environment. In garage you are going to have a hell of a lot louder score. Going down the highway some if that noise is going to be behind you. So keep that in mind in your test

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Too loud for what? Is there a db limit?

Yes. In Wisconsin, the exhaust can not be louder than "96dba at 20" away from exhaust." Technically any exhaust modification is illegal, but not strictly enforced.

And to be honest, not sure what dba means. I'm assuming that's just decibels, but could be wrong. Don't know what the a stands for. Here's the lol ok getting it from.

http://americanmotorcyclist.com/Rights/State-Laws.aspx?stateid=49

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived