Opinions on BNR alternators?

Lol not mad one bit. Just looking for a post that made sense and not some blurry Russian video with no numbers or info. I could make a video like that and claim 400a @ 1 rpm. Would you believe it?

A few people are saying that BNR is crap without any experience? Well my alt is holding up. So I disagree. If it goes out in a month then I'll agree with you guys. This is why I wanted a informed post so I could go ahead and order a mechman, but I will get no such luck here. I guess I expected more here than other childish sites..My bad..

I still have not heard or seen anything here convincing me it's crap and influencing me to buy another brand and put this one to pasture. Russian videos with ZERO numbers do not persuade me lol.. Saying it's crap eBay alt doesn't either, I mean 99.9% feedback doesn't lie. My sundown equipment is also eBay so I guess it's crap too, lol..

I'm pretty convinced that replies aren't read because most of the "help" here is just a +1 post count for everyone.

Anyway I'm done. I'll keep the BNR 350 since not one person here can imply why it perhaps would/will go bad other than saying its eBay junk or post some cold war era Russian bunkered alternator video that shows no numbers or internals or any information what so ever and says it's law. Lmao.

1997 Yukon / 2 Sundown SCV 6000D strapped @1 ohm / 3x 300a Ohio Generator Alts

4 Sundown X18s v.2 NS v.3 coils / B pillar wall sealed / 158.2@38Hz 156@25Hz

First off I was forced into this alternator in a story I do not care to explain. My first choice was mechman. I like to have things on backup incase they blow so I dont have to wait. (In a HO alts case at least 1 month wait then another week build time.....) I have spare subs, tires, things of that nature.. I was asking to see if anyone here has used one so I could make an informative decision on whether to get a new one and use this as a back up.

If a few people would have said , "Sure they are good I've been using one for years." It would have influenced my decision to either keep it or spare it, but all I got was negativity about my posting...

I really didn't think that NEEDED to be explained but I guess not everyone has critical thinking,

LMAO!!!!!!!!! You don't think your own personal experience is better than words from people on a forum? You are running one now, how do you like it?

After looking at your responses I came to the conclusion that you either work for BNR or you don't trust your own opinions because you know that you are an idiot

I was gonna spam yo shit since you think it's about post count, but I got access to everything I want on this site so post count can eat dick cheese

I thought pointing out that they don't even do what the manufacturer claims was helpful. If the manufacturer lies about what it does, doesn't that tell you something about it?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

After looking at your responses I came to the conclusion that you either work for BNR or you don't trust your own opinions because you know that you are an idiot

I was gonna spam yo shit since you think it's about post count, but I got access to everything I want on this site so post count can eat dick cheese

Completely shows your maturity level. Reported for baiting.

If you're happy with it so be it. I hope your alt doesn't leave you stranded somewhere. Only you can decide if you want to spend he money on a name brand alternator.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

why did you say in the OP "anyone got anything positive or negative to say" and then proceed to argue with anyone who had something negative to say? lol

Completely shows your maturity level. Reported for baiting.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif?w=350&h=200&

Kevin-Hart-Laugh-GIF.gif

GIF-Amused-funny-laugh-laughing-LOL-GIF.

As far as factory claims I give you that they don't underrate their alts. They claimed 170a at idle, I got 160a. They claimed 350a @ 1300 rpm, I got 330a. This was all using a clamp meter and a VAT machine using a 32HZ sine wave and load dial for the VAT. Maybe a bench test would have yielded 100% claims and the 10% loss was in my 1997 truck. I think it's quite possible, anyway.

I was going to buy a mechman for a backup but I haven't heard ANYTHING here to convince me to do so.

I was wanting to hear someone say something about bearings, housing, copper diameter, internal voltage regulator because all these are a factor to me. Not just some guy saying het get a singer its the best and all ebay buys are junk. That is just an as asinine statement.

I'm happy with the performance of the alternator. Its the longevity. I'm not sure why it's soo hard to grasp that..

Archived