extra battery and new RCA cables, need to retune gain ?

So i added a second deka G31 in my truck tool box and upgraded my sub amp RCA's from cheap walmart twisted pair to shielded stinger 6000 series. With this change to my ears, it sounds louder... almost "too loud" to where i have to turn the sub out settings on the HU down -5 where normaly it would be just 0..... i never physically changed the amp settings or any HU sub settings just upgraded my RCA wires and added second battery... is this normal ? FYL im pretty green so this may seem like a silly question to some of you.....

Edit....

My amp was orginally tuned with a DD-1 @ 40 HZ -10 dB but after a month i marked the gain setting and turned it down just a few hairs cuz -10 was too much for me.....

With the RCAs it would be good practice too. Different cables have different levels of internal resistance that will in turn change your signal strength and required gain setting. This is especially true when going from cheap RCAs to quality ones

If it sounds louder then something changed. The RCAs could pass a stronger signal to the amp. The extra battery could literally give the amp more power. I noticed a similar change when I replaced my main run of 2 awg with 2/0 awg. It was even louder at low volume too.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived