Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

So you are budgeting 1000 for just amp and sub? Do you have electrical done at all? If just 1000 for sub and amp, I would try to look for some b-stock sundown audio x-12's and a used 3k amp.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

Electrical is the heart of your system.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Posted

2 gcon 15s and crescendo bc2000d . . Right about 1000

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Posted

Yes electrical will be upgraded, I will be having an alternator built and big 3 will be done along with 2-4 batteries.
I haven't done anything to the vehicle YET. Just making plans to see what I could get for the 1000 dollar budget for subs and amps.
The Sundown X-12's would be a little out of price range, if i switched up and decided one sub my choices personally would probably be an X series or better from sundown, or a HCCA Orion 15.
But yes let's stray away from the 5k system and generalize this with 2 subs and an amp or one massive sub and an amp for a grand.

Those Gcons look pretty beefy for the money!

Posted

Yes electrical will be upgraded, I will be having an alternator built and big 3 will be done along with 2-4 batteries.

I haven't done anything to the vehicle YET. Just making plans to see what I could get for the 1000 dollar budget for subs and amps.

The Sundown X-12's would be a little out of price range, if i switched up and decided one sub my choices personally would probably be an X series or better from sundown, or a HCCA Orion 15.

But yes let's stray away from the 5k system and generalize this with 2 subs and an amp for a grand.

As I said, B-stock, I can find B-stock, or even rebuilt X's for 200-300 each on other sites and groups. Or go even used. Spend time in searching. I spent around 1000 on my old system. It consisted of 2 Skar IVX-15's, AQ 750.1, RF prime comp set in front coax in back, RF P300.4, Pioneer DEH-80prs, fully sound deadened, big 3 and positive and negative run to the back in all 1awg, and built my own box. For 1000 flat. Took time to get some parts used but it was well worth it afterall.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

Lol I can't figure out this site sooooo

Here it is I have 2 RE audio v2 15d4

Looking for some vented box specs for a 96 tahoe greatly appreciated even tho I'm in wrong place probably fire up port back

Any help please 42 year old (bass head)

Posted

Lol I can't figure out this site sooooo

Here it is I have 2 RE audio v2 15d4

Looking for some vented box specs for a 96 tahoe greatly appreciated even tho I'm in wrong place probably fire up port back

Any help please 42 year old (bass head)

It's like every single other forum on the internet. Go to a forum labeled Subwoofers / Enclosures, and hit the button that says post topic.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/11-subwoofers-enclosures/

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

Yes electrical will be upgraded, I will be having an alternator built and big 3 will be done along with 2-4 batteries.

I haven't done anything to the vehicle YET. Just making plans to see what I could get for the 1000 dollar budget for subs and amps.

The Sundown X-12's would be a little out of price range, if i switched up and decided one sub my choices personally would probably be an X series or better from sundown, or a HCCA Orion 15.

But yes let's stray away from the 5k system and generalize this with 2 subs and an amp or one massive sub and an amp for a grand.

Those Gcons look pretty beefy for the money!

Yea the gcons are nice for the money. Iv done a couple builds for them and was impressed

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Posted

Lol I can't figure out this site sooooo

Here it is I have 2 RE audio v2 15d4

Looking for some vented box specs for a 96 tahoe greatly appreciated even tho I'm in wrong place probably fire up port back

Any help please 42 year old (bass head)

Lmfao wait, you posted in that forum, an hour ago...... asking the same thing.....

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

U could start with 2 SA-12's and then when everything else is up to par buy 2 more.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5348 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...