Some good 6x9s and etc that aren't expensive

Mariothadon

lots of car audio places sell the adapters on line. Soniceltronix, crutchfield, amazon, ebay..... If you cant see your 6x9's now you wont see the 6.5's if you put them in the same location.

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with 6x9's but you have a lot more options if you go with 6.5" adapaters.

lots of car audio places sell the adapters on line. Soniceltronix, crutchfield, amazon, ebay..... If you cant see your 6x9's now you wont see the 6.5's if you put them in the same location.

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with 6x9's but you have a lot more options if you go with 6.5" adapaters.

Ok thx for that useful info.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• 4 weeks later...

I've never seen home audio systems, or pro audio systems with oval speakers. They are always round.

6x9's were used in cars to maximize output in tiny locations, where you could not run 8" speakers or subs. That's what I always thought ! :unknw:

Run round 6.5 and have fun. You don't need a lot of equipments to sound good and be loud !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived