Sundown Audio

guess who got a SCV 2000 !!! :)

Bayuk89

Well i checked out one of my local pawn shops on a whim (they never have quality audio equipment) and to my suprise, a used sundown SCV 2000 !!!!

CONS: philip heads on power and speaker screws are heavily torqued and prolly will be replaced. Some scratches and blemishes. Some of the Amp bottom cover screws are tweaked sideways (obviously opened at some point but for what ?)

PROS: worked him down from $359 to $240 before tax... $260 plus $22.00 for 6 month warrenty. If the amp fails is 6 months i take it back and get my money back. Gave him 10% down to hold it till next thursay....

I think its a fair deal, aslong as everything works $280 for a $550 amp. I was gonna save up for a audio legion 3500 watt but i came across this sundown amp. I could save up $350 and sell this SCV for $250 and buy the audio legion in the future.

That's a pretty fair deal if it works.

You'll be happy with that amp for sure.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yea he didnt wanna budge on the price, he went from $359 to $330 and said hes losing his ass..... haha yea right u prolly gave home boy $180 for the amp. Then i brought up the screws and shit and said this amp sells used for $250 ALL DAY on audio classified websites that are in BETTER condition.... he said you know what , you sound like you might know what your doing..... i said u do $260 after tax we have a deal, SOLD !!!!

Back story, i leaned in after signing the lay away paper and said, how much did you really give the guy for this amp...... he told me a guy came in with the sundown amp and one 15" DD in a big box and i gave him $350 for everything !

I said you gave him $350 for almost $900 worth of equipment ! He said yea, he needed the money right how and i have employees and bills to pay. Thats now pawn shops work, he could have gone somewhere else. He said he put the DD sub up for $300 and a guy came in next day and bought it with out haggling the price.... didnt ask what model DD it was.

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal! I'll be excited to hear how it works out for you.

From my understanding of retail, you make a lot more money from buying low than from selling high, something pawn shops have down to an art.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

love that scv line

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

So you aren't selling me the sa18s :(

I said i WOULD sell them to you first IF i were to sell and buy the stereo integrity DS4's but through all the helpfull supporters stating if i put a quality amp on the SA's and give them better power, i might wanna keep them.... Basicly i have really "opened" these SA's up yet being on a rockville amp... But yes since you asked first, you have first dibs if i were to sell and you were in the market :)

When i pick it up next wek i will post up pics, gonna take the back cover off and see if i can salvage the threads (some screws are sitting crooked and back cover is a lil loose) if something looks off i will do some close ups and maybe the amp experts here can help me out :) gotta pull the box out and throw some MDF on the back wall of my cab, vibration is crazy ! I have 8 tennis balls between cab and bed but it doesnt help much.... Whats a good adheasive to bond wood to metal ?

tmp_23695-20160714_123657-1282074626.jpg

Just picked up the SCV this morning !!!! Also ordered a DD-1 from sky high on Ebay..... Cant wait to install and tune my amps ! As soon as the DD-1 comes in i will put my name in the map location for Austin, Texas

Archived