Fusing question

Ray has been busy so I'm not going to bug him anymore

Basically my amp is the linear power 8002sw

It calls for a 60amp agu slow blow fuses

This is exactly what he told me and I don't understand it

An AGU 60 would be ok, or probably a ANL 50 for the 8002SW. The ANL is too slow blow to provide enough protection in a 60 amp fuse.

Fuses are for safety. Pick one close to your amps needs. Its soul porpose is to protect the battery from a short

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

That's what I'm trying to do but with how ray and Randall explained to me I don't understand. It's modded and technically in the 2k range now but it's a low current high voltage amp or some shit. It has internal power and ground wires which are 4awg. And calls for a 60 amp agu slow blow fuses. Atleast it's what the manual says.

Fuses are for safety. Pick one close to your amps needs. Its soul porpose is to protect the battery from a short

correct... you neato ppi amps are not special. If your board is fucked, all it will do will blow fuses. It may smoke longer if your not fused, but, the board is still fucked.

The fuse is there to not burn your shit down. Even then, meh.

Your boards, while neat or whatever, are no different. Your fusing to not burn the wire thats hot. Nothing more, nothing special, nothing nothing. If you blow amp line fuses, the board is already toast(y)

Slow blow will allow it to draw higher peak current for a longer period without blowing. A fuse can easily pass 10x its rating for very short periods. Slow blow can for slightly longer.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I'll throw an 80 amp mini anl on it and call it a day then

That wasn't so hard was it.;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived