237 Volts with 6 15" SSA Evils and Taramps

Footage captured by Jay Jones from Slamology 2016

6 15" SSA Evil subwoofer

2 Taramps T60kw .23 ohm resistance

18 XS power D3400 battery wired in series

100% factory cabin with factory sunroof.

50cuft Box built by Mike Smiley

165db 49hz

Sponsored by: Sound Solution Audio, XS Power, Taramps, Dioguardo Engineering, Direct Sound Solution Audio, SounDrive, D and Company Promotions, vapeNscrape, Smiley Audio, Bass by Ray, ToolMaker, US Alternator, KrazeWheels, SHTNONM.

#Taramps #SSAudio #vapeNscrape #TeamIAK #SounDrive #JuiceBoxBattery #XSPower #DioguardoEngineering #USAlternators #ToolMaker #BassByRay #SmileyAudio #SHTNONM #RanchoSuspension #KrazeWheels #PowerstopBrakes #ShowOutMotorMeet #UnifiedCustoms #DSSAudio #JYPower

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

Those high voltage Taramps amps are certainly impressive!

I'd be scared as hell to have a battery bank in my vehicle that could kill you so easily though :-)

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I'd be scared as hell to have a battery bank in my vehicle that could kill you so easily though :-)

I've put in a lot of thought on this, and it leaves me to question.

Why are people scared of High Voltage, low amperage, but deem it perfectly normal to have 12v and 6,000 amps (low v high a)?

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Awesome Vid

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Why are people scared of High Voltage, low amperage, but deem it perfectly normal to have 12v and 6,000 amps (low v high a)?

I'm not an expert on this stuff, but my understanding is low voltage is safe regardless of the amperage capacity because it takes a certain amount of voltage to be able to overcome the electrical resistance of flesh. The generally accepted safe voltage is anything below 45 volts. Above that and your body will start to pass dangerous levels of current. The higher the voltage the more current gets passed. Its takes less than an amp of current to kill you. So your ~240 volt battery bank could turn you into a very crispy critter if you gave it the chance.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Your skin's resistance is too high for 12v to really do anything.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I'm not an expert on this stuff, but my understanding is low voltage is safe regardless of the amperage capacity because it takes a certain amount of voltage to be able to overcome the electrical resistance of flesh. The generally accepted safe voltage is anything below 45 volts. Above that and your body will start to pass dangerous levels of current. The higher the voltage the more current gets passed. Its takes less than an amp of current to kill you. So your ~240 volt battery bank could turn you into a very crispy critter if you gave it the chance.

That is kinda what I thought. You can touch the terminals of a battery and not feel anything, or a tiny tiny prick that is almost unnoticeable. Even though the car audio system is low voltage, high amperage, our bodies have a high resistance, so our bodies dont see high amerage in low voltage. They only get it when the voltage is enough to move across you.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

That is kinda what I thought. You can touch the terminals of a battery and not feel anything, or a tiny tiny prick that is almost unnoticeable. Even though the car audio system is low voltage, high amperage, our bodies have a high resistance, so our bodies dont see high amerage in low voltage. They only get it when the voltage is enough to move across you.

Yup, amperage = voltage / resistance. So as long as resistance is really high and/or voltage is really low the amperage will be low. I imagine most of us have been shocked by 120v wall socket voltage at some point. The reason that doesn't kill more people (it certainly can) is usually because people are really poorly grounded (fortunately).

Builds:

Yup, amperage = voltage / resistance. So as long as resistance is really high and/or voltage is really low the amperage will be low. I imagine most of us have been shocked by 120v wall socket voltage at some point. The reason that doesn't kill more people (it certainly can) is usually because people are really poorly grounded (fortunately).

Yea, I accidentally shocked myself with my old taramps 6500 and my right arm was numb for like 2 minutes.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

But that's the thing, on several occasions, I have touched both pos and neg of the 240 system, and I feel normal. It feels like a really sharp sting, and lasts for a good bit. Imagine having the funny bone feeling but not as severe, and last a few minutes instead of instantly going away.

Do I recommend people to touch both ends, of course not. But is it going to kill you, no.

The most recent time, and the most painful, was the week of Slamology. I was moving some wire around, and my left hand crossed the pos block and neg block. Like I said, painful sure, but no where near deadly.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Archived