Second Skin Audio

Bandpass box for 9515 anyone?

Numbers are stupid. You were happy with your system. Now you saw a number and because of that you're not happy with your system.

If you are into competition than get your numbers up.

If you are into audio bass on and be happy.

where is the Mic when you got metered?

what was your peak frequency?

Time for a new box, obviously. The number can increase a lot with a new box, or with a new box placement.

Your system is not less loud now !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I know, i just spent a lot of time on this 6th order box, i knew i would still hit a lower number on the termlab but i was only 3db louder than this kid with a mofo 15.

Well if it makes you feel any better about it, 3 dB is twice as loud, even though it doesn't sound that way.

What are the specs on your 6th order box, if you don't mind me asking?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I know, i just spent a lot of time on this 6th order box, i knew i would still hit a lower number on the termlab but i was only 3db louder than this kid with a mofo 15.

Well if it makes you feel any better about it, 3 dB is twice as loud, even though it doesn't sound that way.

What are the specs on your 6th order box, if you don't mind me asking?

5 cuft net front with 10x10 port 5in long, 2.5 net rear 4.75x 4.75 port 19 in long.

5 cuft net front with 10x10 port 5in long, 2.5 net rear 4.75x 4.75 port 19 in long.

Ok, so you are probably tuned to around 30 and 64 Hz, which are reasonable places to be.

Both your ports would probably benefit from being larger. I know the trend for 6th order designs to make the rear port small, for reasons I don't understand, but your front port should definitely be bigger IMHO.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I hit a 142.4 at 56hz with that box i just got that info

Ok, so you are probably tuned to around 30 and 64 Hz, which are reasonable places to be.

Both your ports would probably benefit from being larger. I know the trend for 6th order designs to make the rear port small, for reasons I don't understand, but your front port should definitely be bigger IMHO.

Archived