Jump to content

2005 Honda Accord, EMF Banhammer 15"


Recommended Posts

Posted

Before this build, I always used pre-fabed boxes because I did not know how to make my own boxes. This is my first box so try not to rag on me too hard haha. Few walls did not come out sitting flush and left gaps when I whacked the top on, so I put massive amounts of wood glue to seal the gaps... It worked. T-line box built from a calculator found online, tuned to 37 hz, with 62 sq in of port. I thought it was impressive that these 2 8's were doing some real work on my car. It is a Honda, but it was impressive to me. I sealed the trunk off with fiberglass insulation, but just read up on the health concerns to exposure to fiberglass insulation, so Im gonna try to find some rigid foam to replace it.

RnyyPrS.jpg

Close enough

iCOtagz.jpg

3KPOU13.jpg

Wc10DiQ.jpg

l763Few.jpg

9rd1fip.jpg

Will Post a short video later of some mirror flex caused by these 2 8's

Posted

What were you using fiberglass insulation for?

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

pretty cool. you gonna paint or carpet the box?

Posted

Nice man, I ALMOST*, fucking ALMOST* went with the SA-8v3's inverted also. Looks good.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

You need to get that fiberglass insulation out asap, you do not want to be breathing that shit in.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

yeah I got it out already.. I kept my seats up untill I replaced it. I got foam padding and cut it out to replace the insulation. I would've put it in normally, but the box doesn't allow me to mount it normally. On one of the subwoofers I hear like air escaping I believe, and I already put rope caulk between the sub and the baffle. Or it might be the arrangement of my cutouts? Thinking of building a new box, either a ported one for my W15 GTI or get 2 more SA-8s

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Sold the 8's. Got the EMF Banhammer 15"

camD2GU.jpg

YLAozGr.jpg

Box is 4 cu ft, Double Baffled in the front face, 60 sq in of port, tuned to 33-34

QBeMsJe.jpg

y5TJM51.jpg

I put 45's in, was too eager and forgot to take pics of most the progress.

LNO61cT.jpg

I sprayed it with truck bed liner found at Autozone. Not goood at spray painting, F.. it. I tried

tSWhbes.jpg

Only on 1k rms right now. Still moves a lot of air. Hopefully I will have a video soon.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1422 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...