Two sizes of midbass/midrange drivers needed?

06RTCharger

I think I missed it, but why is it you want to run active?

A Passive crossover dissipates power. Going active is more power efficient. And id like to set my own levels on everything. Im picky like that. Just my personal perference is all. Whys that such a questioned issue here? Id think more people on a sound audio forum would be more for an active setup. I mean if ur lookin to just upgrade factory speakers and just do an easy swap out, without getting stressed, then passive is for u. I dont mind the stress.

A lot of misconceptions about it. Some people only worry about the power loss. Going active isn't worth it for that alone since it really doesn't make an audible difference. Some people don't realize the amount of extra work that goes into making it sound decent. Some people think it's simply not using passive crossovers and bam, it all sounds great. There is also protection built into passive crossovers that is gone when running active, if people are dumb with their equipment then they start blowing stuff that normally would be protected. It sounds like you aren't one of those though. But it's never a bad idea to see if someone really understands what they are getting into.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

A lot of misconceptions about it. Some people only worry about the power loss. Going active isn't worth it for that alone since it really doesn't make an audible difference. Some people don't realize the amount of extra work that goes into making it sound decent. Some people think it's simply not using passive crossovers and bam, it all sounds great. There is also protection built into passive crossovers that is gone when running active, if people are dumb with their equipment then they start blowing stuff that normally would be protected. It sounds like you aren't one of those though. But it's never a bad idea to see if someone really understands what they are getting into.

This by no means is a small project for me, its gonna take me a loooooong time lol. Im not afraid of the work, im only affraid of spending too much on products that dont match quality with price.

Gain knob buddy, aka bass knob, not the potentiometer soldered to the amp board. And you're paying for those speakers, they definitely aren't free from the car manufacturer. But you got it all figured out don't ya kiddo.

Youre just using bad examples lol. An extra "gain knob to an amp" is not in equal proportion to an "active crossover to a comp set". Neither is stock speakers in a car. The car is not marked up becuase of stock speakers. It would seem they are free becuase they would not drop the vehicles purchase price if u asked them to remove the stock speakers of a brand new vehicle. If they would remove them for free AND minus the value of the speakers from the vehicle i WOULD do that if i had money to buy a new car and a new system all at once. I definatly wouldnt deive around without some kind of system tho lol. Just bad examples man, i dont want to pay for a passive crossover, thats all to it. If that bothers you, idk, sorry i guess lol.

Unless you have only an am/fm radio and the super cheap paper speakers in your car you definately paid for the stereo system in ur ride. The diagram you showed says you have the rockford premium sound package wich i promise will add dam near a grand on a new car and at least a few hundred on a used one. Especially if bought from a dealer. Hell a dealer will charge more for things that just sound ridiculous. Rubber floor mats? 200 bucks. Running boards? 500$. Tool box? 300$. Aftermarket tint? 150$. Point is if they can charge u extra for it they will. Even on a used vehicle. If u wanna run active go ahead. Good luck. Post pics wen ur done. Hell make a build log.

Gain knob buddy, aka bass knob, not the potentiometer soldered to the amp board. And you're paying for those speakers, they definitely aren't free from the car manufacturer. But you got it all figured out don't ya kiddo.

Youre just using bad examples lol. An extra "gain knob to an amp" is not in equal proportion to an "active crossover to a comp set". Neither is stock speakers in a car. The car is not marked up becuase of stock speakers. It would seem they are free becuase they would not drop the vehicles purchase price if u asked them to remove the stock speakers of a brand new vehicle. If they would remove them for free AND minus the value of the speakers from the vehicle i WOULD do that if i had money to buy a new car and a new system all at once. I definatly wouldnt deive around without some kind of system tho lol. Just bad examples man, i dont want to pay for a passive crossover, thats all to it. If that bothers you, idk, sorry i guess lol.

Unless you have only an am/fm radio and the super cheap paper speakers in your car you definately paid for the stereo system in ur ride. The diagram you showed says you have the rockford premium sound package wich i promise will add dam near a grand on a new car and at least a few hundred on a used one. Especially if bought from a dealer. Hell a dealer will charge more for things that just sound ridiculous. Rubber floor mats? 200 bucks. Running boards? 500$. Tool box? 300$. Aftermarket tint? 150$. Point is if they can charge u extra for it they will. Even on a used vehicle. If u wanna run active go ahead. Good luck. Post pics wen ur done. Hell make a build log.

I showed a diagram? There are no rockfords in my car. Its all boston acoustics. The 7speaker model. And i know they mark up for upgraded "sound packages" but i bought this car second hand. But my point with that is the dealership will NOT drop the price if i asked them to remove their speakers. Like u said they charge for everything, and like i said they would probably CHARGE ME to take the speakers out lol. If their speakers were worth 1000, they would not drop the asking price by 1000 and take out the speakers. Ive actually tried that at a used dealership but with rims. I asked if they could drop the price if i didnt take the rims, they said no. This topic has gone way off track lol.

My bad on the diagram. Got mixed up with a different post. I was just trying to point out that yes you do get charged extra for your cars stereo if it is a premium sound package. The thread has been derailed i think in part to noone taking u seriously.....

Yall are trying way to hard, must of seen his post count and thought he didnt know shit. Please tell me how going active with components wont sound different than using passive crossovers, many people do it with great results. Just cause he doesnt want to take the easy route and through components in like you and majority of the others, doesnt mean he shouldnt take the challenge. I dont see what is so hard to comprehend. Testing speakers and their limits is fun, play mids by themselves to see what they like and dont like. Do the same with tweeters.

Eminence can be loud but there is more to it then just being loud, loud is subjective do what you think might be loud might not be to me. I enjoyed my car more with 2 alphas vs having 12 installed all thoughout the car during my Florida college days. As I get older I could care less how my car sounded outside to others and started caring how well it reporduced music on the inside. I have tested over 20 different drivers to see what ai liked. Read up on diyma, they have a lot of reviews on drivers as well.

Loudspeaker Cookbook is a great book to read.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Yall are trying way to hard, must of seen his post count and thought he didnt know shit. Please tell me how going active with components wont sound different than using passive crossovers, many people do it with great results. Just cause he doesnt want to take the easy route and through components in like you and majority of the others, doesnt mean he shouldnt take the challenge. I dont see what is so hard to comprehend. Testing speakers and their limits is fun, play mids by themselves to see what they like and dont like. Do the same with tweeters.

Eminence can be loud but there is more to it then just being loud, loud is subjective do what you think might be loud might not be to me. I enjoyed my car more with 2 alphas vs having 12 installed all thoughout the car during my Florida college days. As I get older I could care less how my car sounded outside to others and started caring how well it reporduced music on the inside. I have tested over 20 different drivers to see what ai liked. Read up on diyma, they have a lot of reviews on drivers as well.

Loudspeaker Cookbook is a great book to read.

Relax dude. No one is dumping on him. Just posting. And hell, the cut offs he uses may be right where the passive cuts would be. Or close to it. Thats why there are there....... He mentioned that he was lookin into HAT. I dont even know if HAT makes seperates. See what im saying??

I would run active also, i like the control. If he doesnt use a dsp, and uses a board to cut, id make sure to get one thats pass band capable. Just cutting them high in my world kinda defeats the purpose of a active set up. I dont want my mids running over a certain band as much as under.

Ive never ran a passive set up,..again, i like control,.... everyone is just saying some nice comp sets can do work, and sound amazing also. Thats all. Calm them tits brutha. ;)

Archived