Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2 American Bass XFL = Big Box eats my trunk space. Please Help.


ScatPack_Boi

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a 2016 Charger ScatPack with two American Bass 1222 subs in a huge ported box running 1 OHM on a Fosgate T1001BD. The box weighs at least 85 pounds or more. The box is a monster. The box was built for the subs. The subs sound amazing and hit hard as hell. I feel the bass deep in my chest. My problem is that the box eats 80% of my trunk space. My ScatPack is my family car and I need trunk space to get groceries and stuff with Wifee and the kids. Can you recommend a hard hitting 1000+ RMS sub that will fit in a smaller ported box and still be clean and loud? Do Sundown subs require large boxes? I really want some trunk space back, but I don't want to lose my deep bass.

Update: I had a smaller ported box for two 12's in my basement, so I tried stuffing my XFL 1222's inside. The box only eats half my Charger trunk. But now my subs just blew. They RATTLE like all hell and don't hit very loud, They are practically dead.

I want to buy two more and stick them back in their original big box. They played with perfection in the big box for two years until I swapped them out into a smaller box. For two years they banged my brains out.

Please help me. Ideally I want two hard hitting subs that won't eat all my trunk space.

Thanks! I'm new here but I have followed these forums for over a year. I figured I should join up since I read here all the time.

Posted

^^^^^^^^^^^. Thanks! I understand now. Sorry for the misunderstanding, Since my 12's are blown, I guess I can buy some tens now. How big of a ported box do I need? Where can I buy a proper box? Do you think EBay would have the right sized box? I'm just not sure what size ported box to buy now.

Posted

I'd be very wary of most eBay boxes. Your best options are to find a reputable local builder, build it yourself, or find a good builder online and have them ship it to you. In all cases you want the box to be designed specifically for your particular system and vehicle.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

It depends on the subs you get on box size.

So did you put the subs back in the big box and they do not work or you have them in the small box and they sound like shit? If they sound like shit in the small box maybe its the box not your subs. a poorly sealed and braced box will make subs sound terrible.

FI subs work in small boxes and the Sundown SD. Maybe DC aswell.

Posted

FI subs work in small boxes: No, no way !

Get 2 10" subs if you want to have a smaller box.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers :  Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Turns out that my subs are not blown at all! They just exploded my box! Lolol. My XFL Subs cracked and destroyed my box from the inside out. So I had a new box custom made. It's tuned at 34hz and made from birch wood I think he said. It's super strong and very heavy. Grey carpet with a large red port hole to match my red ScatPack.

Thanks guys for all the responses. I appreciate it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4619 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...