RTA

ToNasty

I have this for my iPhone/iPad: https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-imm-6-calibrated-measurement-microphone-for-tablets-iphone-ipad-and-android--390-810

It works well for quick measurements, and is quite versatile.

I have this for my laptop: https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-umm-6-usb-measurement-microphone--390-808

I use Room EQ Wizard with it. Its a VERY powerful combination, use it all the time.

hmmmmm i may look into those for testing. We are getting really getting into psyclone this year. But dont wanna spend money on the rta software and mic ATM.

Maybe this could help......... hmmmmmm

What he said....trying to turn my 88 into a 100

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

I have this for my iPhone/iPad: https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-imm-6-calibrated-measurement-microphone-for-tablets-iphone-ipad-and-android--390-810

It works well for quick measurements, and is quite versatile.

I have this for my laptop: https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-umm-6-usb-measurement-microphone--390-808

I use Room EQ Wizard with it. Its a VERY powerful combination, use it all the time.

hmmmmm i may look into those for testing. We are getting really getting into psyclone this year. But dont wanna spend money on the rta software and mic ATM.

Maybe this could help......... hmmmmmm

What he said....trying to turn my 88 into a 100

im with ya bro... we have the TL magnum... but, just struggle paying for the mic and software. BUT, im also weary as fuck with "phone apps" and shit. Ive seen posts of 97s with phone apps, and other stuff, that posted junk at comps...... maybe ill just nab the TL mic and software..... You know what i mean?

Does the dayton one come with software?

RoomEQ is a free software that does everything you could need it to.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Neither Dayton mic comes with software. I don't have an Android phone so I don't know what their suggested phone software is like.
With my laptop I use Room EQ Wizard, which is free, and is VERY powerful. There are other free choices out there that work well too (Holm Impulse is one), but I think Room EQ Wizard is easiest to use (don't let the name throw you off, its RTA software) and is very well documented.

How about the Room EQ Wizard and a calibrated USB Mic approach? It's something I wanted to try once I finish my doors.

That's what I'm doing, works great.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Neither Dayton mic comes with software. I don't have an Android phone so I don't know what their suggested phone software is like.
With my laptop I use Room EQ Wizard, which is free, and is VERY powerful. There are other free choices out there that work well too (Holm Impulse is one), but I think Room EQ Wizard is easiest to use (don't let the name throw you off, its RTA software) and is very well documented.

How about the Room EQ Wizard and a calibrated USB Mic approach? It's something I wanted to try once I finish my doors.

do you use it in a vehicle? and how or where do you place the mic? how does this work please?

do you use it in a vehicle? and how or where do you place the mic? how does this work please?
From what I've read it depends on your goals. Some will just tune at the headrest since that's where their ears are. Other might do multiple tunes, one for driving by themselves and another for when there is a passenger (where the mic is placed between headrests for example).

A head is one of the most best dispersion objects out there so trying to tune when you aren't sitting where you are tuning to is kind of pointless in my opinion.

RoomEQ can even do basic tuning in its self and export to a very large number of DSPs.

Kyle this is where you get it:

http://www.roomeqwizard.com/

This is everything about it:

http://www.roomeqwizard.com/help.html

All you need is a SPL mic, I believe 2 if you are getting serious about your decibel weighting.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

I do use it in a vehicle. Usually I place it at the headrest, but you can put the mic where ever you want.

Once the mic is placed I use the software to play a sine wave sweep, which gives me a frequency response graph like this (this was not taken in a vehicle):

BQGVn3c.png

You can measure any frequency range you want. There is also a regular RTA mode, which you could use with pink noise or whatever, but I haven't done much with that mode yet.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I actually took these last night while just messing around with my monitor's speakers.

I'm now invalidating them since I forgot to take my microphone off the table and it really screwed with the graphs.

Nothing done to my speakers:

14115052_1260799380596926_63926024633243

After Equalizing, but once again after forgetting I left my mic on the table:

14054338_1260799373930260_40382594431919

Archived