Mechman Alternators

How often do you need to replace your alternator belt?

Hello, so I am thinking about upgrading my stock alt to a Mechman 270 amp G-series. The issue that I have is where my alternator is located, it makes installation extremely difficult. My buddy who has a high output alternator is constantly needing to replace his belt (once every few months) and doing that on my car would be an all day job. I was just wondering how often everybody else's belts last, because it might just be his car that's the issue, and I don't want to upgrade my alternator if I'm going to have to replace my belt all the time.

SHTNONM

- 2009 Ford Escape XLT 3.0L V6

- 1 Sundown X-12 V1 D2

- 1 Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp

- 1 SoundQubed Q4-120

- 4 Alpine Type-R 6x8's

- 1 XS Power D3400

- Sky High Car Audio Wire

- SMD VM-1

- Kenwood Excelon KVC-X599

If he has to replace his belts that often he has a pulley alignment issue or something else going on.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I've been running a stock autozone belt for almost a year now with a mechman 370 and it still looks fine. It's about an inch shorter than stock and the tensioner pully is pretty much maxed and still not a whole lot of wear. I honestly wouldn't worry about it, and if you are still concerned just get one of those green belts from napa, they're more expensive but last twice as long.

Yep! Mechman will recommend you replace your belt. I did .5" shorter so we will see how that works cause I just done it. I did a post about my pulley moving, but I'm not sure if they stay in one place or continues to automatically adjust. So, if you need a good belt and not go through what I went through here is the belt chart for this brand. http://www.veyance.c...il.aspx?id=3128

Yep! Mechman will recommend you replace your belt. I did .5" shorter so we will see how that works cause I just done it. I did a post about my pulley moving, but I'm not sure if they stay in one place or continues to automatically adjust. So, if you need a good belt and not go through what I went through here is the belt chart for this brand. http://www.veyance.c...il.aspx?id=3128

To answer your question, yes your tensioner pulley will move when you rev the engine, that is normal.

To answer your question, yes your tensioner pulley will move when you rev the engine, that is normal.

Oh okay, I was wondering.