Second Skin Audio

Help choosing an 18" woofer.

Tahoe Dmo

Nice, man! Those do pound! Props, by the way, for getting a 15" in your Mustang's trunk. I've had several Mustangs and the most I could ever squeeze in them was 10s. Sounds good though. So far the SP4 is looking like a pretty worthy candidate. The only thing I'm worried about is going from multiple woofers to a single and losing cone area.

You mean get another T2500 after I have the 2 18s?

NO!!! 2 T2500's per sub

when he burns his box down will u pay for replacement?

nope

Okay I think I'm beginning to finally narrow this down a bit. The FI SP4 was only a suggestion. I've been looking at Sundown a lot. Simply because there isn't such a long wait time on their speakers. I've been looking at either 1 18" ZV5 or 2 18" X series. I've found that I can buy either of those and get them almost immediately. My only worries is their large surrounds. Does that make them inferior or does it not matter at all? Or if I wait, it's between (2) FI BL, (1) FI SP4, (2) Havoc or (1) Mayhem. What do you guys think?

Have you figured out why you are blowing subs? That amp seems like a pretty decent match for those subs (2400RMS for the subs and 2500RMS amp) if I have the sub specs right.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Have you figured out why you are blowing subs? That amp seems like a pretty decent match for those subs (2400RMS for the subs and 2500RMS amp) if I have the sub specs right.

Actually the subs are 1,000 rms each for a total of 2,000 watts and my amp's birth sheet rates it at 3,100+ @ 1 ohm.

AA Mayhem 18

Still my favorite sub. Never had an SP4 so I can't say anything about.

The mayhem is a 3 inch coil and that sp4 you like is a 4. If you want a 4 inch coil sub I would also look at the HDC4.

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

Actually the subs are 1,000 rms each for a total of 2,000 watts and my amp's birth sheet rates it at 3,100+ @ 1 ohm.

Then you have 2k in subs and 2.5k in amp. That should work just fine. Not that I am saying stay with the Kickers, but it might be something else causing you the issues.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

• 3 weeks later...

Archived