Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help choosing an 18" woofer.


Tahoe Dmo

Recommended Posts

Posted

Your going from a pair of 15's to a single 18" which is less cone area so it may not be as loud as the setup you currently have so it would only make sense to do a pair of 18's.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

You mean get another T2500 after I have the 2 18s?

NO!!! 2 T2500's per sub
You don't think that'd be too much?

I run a sp4 18. And love it!

Clamp power of 4600watts to it

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Posted

Yes I am going from 2 15s to an 18 so I understand it'll be less cone area. But what I have now is getting fried by my amp, so I have to upgrade. I was also kind of thinking of doing 2 FI BL 18s, so I wouldn't lose cone area. And no, a ZV5 is definitely one that I've looked at. Has anyone here had one yet? They any good?

Posted

Curious what brand/type of 15's you are running.

Turn your gain down on the amp if you are pushing the subs too hard on your current set-up.

Posted

You mean get another T2500 after I have the 2 18s?

NO!!! 2 T2500's per sub

when he burns his box down will u pay for replacement?

Posted

Haha tearing your truck up? That's what I like to hear! And yeah I've blown a few subs. They are definitely too weak. Prepare yourselves: they're Kicker L7 15s. I know, I know. They're crap. I completely agree. I bought them when I bought my Tahoe. Got them off Craigslist for real cheap. Needed something quick. Now I completely regret it. They're terrible, awful woofers. Never again. My gains are set low, these speakers are just total garbage. That's why I really need something new. I really would've done this a lot sooner, but I'm not proficient at box building. I just now grew the balls to try and build one myself. I looked at the ZV5 18" again last night after one of you mentioned it. Is there a reason it's priced so high? The ZV5 is like $350 higher than the SP4 and the rms is 1000 watts less. But if the ZV5 is going to stomp the SP4 then I understand. Thanks for the replies, guys! I'm liking this forum already!

Posted

nothin wrong with kicker for starters

that sp4 goes hammer though I have one too fi audio SP4 15" dual 1ohm

heres a video in my old mustang one 15" SP4 on a crescendo bc2000 @.5ohm

Next Im looking at an incriminator audio death penalty 18"

Ive seen a few single sp4's in 4th order boxes nothin but good results

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6189 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...