KiKaZz74 Posted September 4, 2016 Report Posted September 4, 2016 So our computer I built a while ago with the help of many guys here is due for some change. It's been about 3 or 4 years I wanna say. But with all the new games it's time for some upgrades. First and foremost I want to get a new monitor. We use a 720p TV now. Terrible I know. Would like to get a 144hz gaming monitor to have the headroom. Possibly 1440. Budget of like $250... Now the games we are wanting to play on decent settings. Bf4. CS:GO. BF1. Train Simulator 2016. That's the bulk of it. Now specs Amd fx8350 CPU MSI 7870 GHz 2gb VRAM GPU 16gb ram 250gb SSD as main 1tb 7200rpm as storage Asrock extreme3 MOBO Corsair 860 AXi PSU Corsair gt h80i water cooler Logitech g19 keyboard Razer Taipan mouse Razer chroma 7.1 headset Xigmatek asgard case So is it gonna be worth my time upgrading some parts or sell it and build new. If for parts I was thinking just adding a GPU. And monitor. Or upgrade to a single powerful GPU? Just give me some feedback guys. Also feedback on a monitor that fits what I wanted up above. Thabk you. My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
DLHgn Posted September 4, 2016 Report Posted September 4, 2016 Could always just try upgrading the GPU and seeing if it works for you. If not, build a new comp and use the new GPU you bought.
KiKaZz74 Posted September 4, 2016 Author Report Posted September 4, 2016 New gpu or add one tho? I'd want to match the current out of ocd issues. Otherwise what would be the best bang for the buck gpu out right now? I'd like to stick with AMD as its what this computer was built on. I'm familiar with it. But r7 r9 rx? Idek what the difference in series is now. Been so long since I've looked. My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
DLHgn Posted September 4, 2016 Report Posted September 4, 2016 New gpu or add one tho? I'd want to match the current out of ocd issues. Otherwise what would be the best bang for the buck gpu out right now? I'd like to stick with AMD as its what this computer was built on. I'm familiar with it. But r7 r9 rx? Idek what the difference in series is now. Been so long since I've looked. I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm not proficient at comp. building and am not up to speed with current parts out today. Kinda funny considering i'm a CS major. Oh well i guess, not really my cup of tea right now. More focused on other things
Carnines Posted September 4, 2016 Report Posted September 4, 2016 New gpu. Get a GTX 1080 and be good for a good while.
Karkov Posted September 4, 2016 Report Posted September 4, 2016 Honestly that is not that bad of a PC at all IMO, yes there is lots new and better but I think the monitor more than anything. TV's are no where near as good as monitors ESPECIALLY 720, not to mention no matter what TV you use when you hook to PC it only ever gives you 60 hz refresh rate. I have the same CPU you are using (8350) and i had that exact GPU, also use a SSD HD and my spare computer is still really decent. If you are wanting to do monitor anyway I would do that first and see what you think, things will looks so much better and be so much clearer. After that I am not sure as that GPU fits so well with that bundle of gear. 16g of RAM is plenty for right now also, you didn't list what speed it is though. If you upgrade GPU then you have that one just sitting around collecting dust.......the way sockets change and stuff I would not just start throwing pieces of new hardware at it. Use it until it truly is obsolete then make all new. As of right now as long as it's stable Just use it as is but upgrade monitor ASAP and THEN come back with an update and let us know......That's what i would do....I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by just a new (and actual) computer monitor. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Karkov Posted September 4, 2016 Report Posted September 4, 2016 New gpu. Get a GTX 1080 and be good for a good while. Then eventually everything else will be the bottleneck. Don't drop a 1080 in until you can just build a new PC where all the hardware better matches the 1080's performance. IMO 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
RooTxBeeR Posted September 4, 2016 Report Posted September 4, 2016 I would suggest getting a GPU first. See how it runs. If it were to be bottle necked, then just a new cpu/mobo/ram and you would be all set. That PSU should be able to run all that and a bigger gpu. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Karkov Posted September 4, 2016 Report Posted September 4, 2016 New GPU wont do much when playing on a crappy TV 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.