Power Drill for Box Building

DLHgn

I still can't figure out how those are so cheap,

My small impact like that cost me $200 Almost and my 18v lithium drill cost me $350.

Then a couple years later all their shit drops prices like crazy, it only tells me that the quality is not the same.

I agree. Quality prolly not the same. I have always had good luck with Dewalt so i just stick with the sure thing for myself. I have had/used old Milwaukee, Makita, Bosch, IngersolRolland, and maybe some other, either in my own personal collection or using everyday in construction, Seems like the drills have always been decent, either power isn't there tit for tat for volts brand to brand in comparison or batteries don't last with certain ones but no issues with the drills themselves...IDK, for the pirce I am liking my new Dewalt. =)

Also, my step dad got the 20v Dewalt before me and I used it for about a year and seams great so i got one (was actually a gift to me for my birthday)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

My small impact like that cost me $200 Almost and my 18v lithium drill cost me $350.

Then a couple years later all their shit drops prices like crazy, it only tells me that the quality is not the same.

I agree. Quality prolly not the same. I have always had good luck with Dewalt so i just stick with the sure thing for myself. I have had/used old Milwaukee, Makita, Bosch, IngersolRolland, and maybe some other, either in my own personal collection or using everyday in construction, Seems like the drills have always been decent, either power isn't there tit for tat for volts brand to brand in comparison or batteries don't last with certain ones but no issues with the drills themselves...IDK, for the pirce I am liking my new Dewalt. =)

Also, my step dad got the 20v Dewalt before me and I used it for about a year and seams great so i got one (was actually a gift to me for my birthday)

Will look into those too. How much are they? The price was "hidden" on amazon

Will look into those too. How much are they? The price was "hidden" on amazon

I think $159-$163 but not 100% sure

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

The new Dewalt stuff is garbage.

Its owned by the now Stanly Black and Decker which also acquired Porter Cable, Delta, and Bostitch, and I want to say MAC too.

Ryobi, Crapsman, and Fluke is all Danaher and or Techtronic industries (also rigid is under a licensing agreement with Emerson)
Brand to brand its pretty much the same product for most these brands but different colors or even a slightly different exterior molding with the same guts.
Unlike some of the other companies that still have a slightly higher tier tool brand along with the cheap garbage.

I love all my Makitia 18volt drill and impact, along with my smaller makitia drill and impact.

I also love my PorterCable stuff, but most of it is rather older, so Im not sure if it cheaped out on the parts like dewalt has.

Old Bosch stuff use to be nice, but not sure on their newer cordless tools.

I do have a 2.75HP router from them and its a beast.
But all the Bosch router bits Ive had went dull rater quick, and bearings would lock up.

I also tried Freud and had worse luck snapping 2 spiral bits trying to cut 1 speaker hole ( one of the bits was brand new).

My stepdad got a Skil 18volt cordless drill from a bar raffle he won and the thing sucked, it would go dead so fast it was a pos!

So I feel there is a lot of cheapness in quality/parts going on with these brands which are all owned by one big company.
I bought him a Makita set for Christmas a couple years ago, and never an issue.

Really the only way to go imo is Makitia or Milwaukee (for now since quality hasnt went down like Dewalt).
Dewalt use to be your top grade contractor stuff, but now it seems like they are children toys.
Its worth spending the little extra to get something that will last you years and years and not have to buy a new tool or battery that costs $100+ in under a year.

Search for AvE on youtube, this guy buys new tools, tears them apart and goes through them, his channel is pretty damn good and opens your eyes to the real workings of the tools.

Not really and brand bias and just tells it how it is!

PS: Keep your dick in a vice!

I have had my Dewalt apart (18V, not the 20) but nothing to compare it too, was surprised how many different gears and shit was in there. =O

Yea, things are changing so fast I can't keep up with whats good anymore it seams like.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Its owned by the now Stanly Black and Decker which also acquired Porter Cable, Delta, and Bostitch, and I want to say MAC too.

Ryobi, Crapsman, and Fluke is all Danaher and or Techtronic industries (also rigid is under a licensing agreement with Emerson)

Brand to brand its pretty much the same product for most these brands but different colors or even a slightly different exterior molding with the same guts.

Unlike some of the other companies that still have a slightly higher tier tool brand along with the cheap garbage.

I love all my Makitia 18volt drill and impact, along with my smaller makitia drill and impact.

I also love my PorterCable stuff, but most of it is rather older, so Im not sure if it cheaped out on the parts like dewalt has.

But all the Bosch router bits Ive had went dull rater quick, and bearings would lock up.

I also tried Freud and had worse luck snapping 2 spiral bits trying to cut 1 speaker hole ( one of the bits was brand new).

My stepdad got a Skil 18volt cordless drill from a bar raffle he won and the thing sucked, it would go dead so fast it was a pos!

So I feel there is a lot of cheapness in quality/parts going on with these brands which are all owned by one big company.

Really the only way to go imo is Makitia or Milwaukee (for now since quality hasnt went down like Dewalt).

Dewalt use to be your top grade contractor stuff, but now it seems like they are children toys.

Its worth spending the little extra to get something that will last you years and years and not have to buy a new tool or battery that costs $100+ in under a year.

Search for AvE on youtube, this guy buys new tools, tears them apart and goes through them, his channel is pretty damn good and opens your eyes to the real workings of the tools.

I'll definitely check out his channel.

The same company owns Milwaukee now too,

Milwaukee and Dewalt even have some of the exact same bit sets and stuff out now too, just different colors but they are otherwise identical.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I have had my Dewalt apart (18V, not the 20) but nothing to compare it too, was surprised how many different gears and shit was in there. =O

Yea, things are changing so fast I can't keep up with whats good anymore it seams like.

That's unfortunate. I remember back when I was a lot younger (who am I kidding, i'm still a child) power tools where one of those things where you could buy from certain brands and you knew you were getting quality that was going to last you many many years. Now half of this stuff is Tonka Toy grade crap.

The same company owns Milwaukee now too,

Milwaukee and Dewalt even have some of the exact same bit sets and stuff out now too, just different colors but they are otherwise identical.

I hate that. You'd be surprised to see that most things now a days are owned/made by the same people just with different names and colors. More than likely most things you see in a particular section of any store are all made by the same people. That's why I think it's funny when I hear about people refusing to buy one brand because it's crap or they don't believe in what they stand for yet...the thing they're buying instead is still made by those people.

Archived