Lithium- Why isnt everyone convinced

I'm actually thinking about getting a Lithium battery but like Justin stated before the heat would probably either kill it or blow up the car haha. I actually thought about building a battery box under the box to help keep any direct sunlight on the box with limo tint on most of the windows, I'm wondering if this will keep the temperature down enough for the battery to be okay, even with it sitting in the sun all day.

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

After doing a couple weeks of research I realized why Juicebox, JY, and XS etc cost so much more than these other companies. I went through several vendors from chinese sites and none of their manufactuers produced any lifepo4s rated to more than 100ah charge rates. Discharge rates were high enough but the charge rates are where the batteries lacked. I could buy several of these batteries and wire them in parallel and be fine but... It is definately doable but as you add more alternators to the equation things get worse than a visit to the In-laws.

I was able to see that many different types of batteries were available on the "cheap" with integrated BMS and all. "Safe" just unable to get mass amounts of juice shoved in at a time.

halp pls.

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

After doing a couple weeks of research I realized why Juicebox, JY, and XS etc cost so much more than these other companies. I went through several vendors from chinese sites and none of their manufactuers produced any lifepo4s rated to more than 100ah charge rates. Discharge rates were high enough but the charge rates are where the batteries lacked. I could buy several of these batteries and wire them in parallel and be fine but... It is definately doable but as you add more alternators to the equation things get worse than a visit to the In-laws.

I was able to see that many different types of batteries were available on the "cheap" with integrated BMS and all. "Safe" just unable to get mass amounts of juice shoved in at a time.

halp pls.

My bank charges with my stock 180 amp alt. I have 2 ampere 3800.1s at 0.35 ohm each and it never drops below 13. And I mean never.

You do not need 5 alts to charge these. It's pointless

Put your stock alt back on and laugh when people are amazed by your voltage lol

But that being said 40 ah isn't going to cut it regardless of what every company says

Mine is 360 ah

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I wish purpyl was here so he could let us know this conversation was pointless cuz northstar for life, bitch.

I too have been looking into the Li series since I was originally going to get 2 XS D1600 but want to keep the weight down as much as possible for the chevelle.

Like other people have mentioned I was stopped by the price at first but it's been a year since I even looked into it at all.

It also gets hot as fuck in the trunk and the idea of a 3 year restoration project going up in flames is a little worrisome lol

I forgot who, but i know someone is running liths from XS, ran them dead flat and recharged them with no issue. So i guess that makes me feel better about them. Not sure what would happen if an alt lost a regulator and started charging at 18v on a 12v bank though.

I have a brand new Mazda 6. Instead of doing a alternator and 200 lbs of batteries for my system. I am able to leave the stock alternator and have about 70lbs in batteries but have stronger electrical.

Thank you B2 Lithium.

The price isnt for everyone... Ill be the first to admit it was a little painful purchasing it.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Lithium will get cheaper and new technologies will be revealed. It's inevitable and once prices lower to be reasonable to the majority of consumers, it will replace the majority of the battery market.

Honestly, in 5 or so years time I can see higher end luxury cars using lithium as primary batts, then eventually it will trickle down to lower end car manufacturers and become customary.

Time will tell but the prices will drop, how much? Who really knows.

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

depends on the use. I think the XS lithiums are rated for ~1000 cycles, so that'd really depend on how hard you ran them and how often. a daily driver that isn't pushed hard like most competition setups would last a longer time than a comp build I'm sure, like most everything

someone said 3-5 years on one of the xs lithium announcements from last year

halp pls.

My bank charges with my stock 180 amp alt. I have 2 ampere 3800.1s at 0.35 ohm each and it never drops below 13. And I mean never.

You do not need 5 alts to charge these. It's pointless

Put your stock alt back on and laugh when people are amazed by your voltage lol

But that being said 40 ah isn't going to cut it regardless of what every company says

Mine is 360 ah

Is that really the way to go? If that is the case/ out with the 370 and in with the 120. That would feel so counter productive. I would probably shoot for 150ah worth of lithium to support 2 AQ3500.1s wired @ .66 or .33

The thought of not "needing" bigger alternators is awesome.

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

Archived