Lithium- Why isnt everyone convinced

I currently have 4 behemoth batteries that make my car scrape as I drive. I find weight the most frusterating aspect of this hobby dont get me wrong- my bank is a baby bank compared to others so I shouldnt even be complaining but I am sure you can all understand where I am coming from. Now lithium has proven itself to be somewhat reliable but more than anything else lighter and bang for the buck is decent. I am just confused as to why we see 1 out of 25 builds using them. Usually even less. Where are the Lipo home bois.

(holy shit my picture is big- I apologize "scrapemobile")

AAvvxmB.jpg

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

Ive been on the Lipo train for almost 2 years now with out issue and don't plan on going back anytime soon....

IMG_7345_zpsp2fnsiih.jpg

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

could it be that when you consider the price of lithium batteries its only the people who use really large battery banks that would even consider it? I'm not sure how many normal AGM batteries a lithium replaces but that could be one reason you don't see as many.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I was at a show a cpl weeks ago, dude did his first run, all agm batts, had to wait to charge up his batteries for his second run, then Steve Barber came in, did his first and second no waiting, he had Lithos....the pros for lithos are weight and the fast recharge rate, and need less cons costs too damn much lol, agms well we all know about agms...like I said depends on what you are building for and that's just my opinion....

When you already have 1500-2000 dollars in a AGM bank, it aint as easy as selling shit off and spending 3 grand on lithium just to save weight. Capital is a big issue, and lithium might have been around for a couple or few years in the audio world, but I wont personally buy into anything until it is proven to the point of being redundant, and companies like XS came out with theirs and some of the tests showed good things, other peoples tests showed nothing but heavily inflated ratings. Plus, I have a truck, it drives the same whether I have 500lbs in batteries or 0 lbs in batteries.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived