Optical signal

06RTCharger

The rca voltage don't mean jack, just means it might have more signal to noise ratio. You really think a 5k amp putting out a Jillion volts cares if it source is 1v or 5v?

With a low signal, the amp will work really hard to amplify the unwanted noise.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

A big learning process is an understatement, especially since you aren't learning anything from all the people who have posted in your threads.

You're reading all kinds of things that you clearly don't understand and just taking them as gospel.

You gonna get some speakers with optical in?

If you think keeping it digital as long as possible is the way to go just drop all your money on that clarion full digital system, can't keep it digital any longer than that does.

Then come back and let us know when dissapoinment sets in.

You want Sq why don't you start checking out Sq builds and seeing what the actual guys who compete in it do with their systems.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I call b.s., if you have that much noise, the voltage is not your issue, also amp amplify what you give them , Sao it works as hard either way.

I call b.s., if you have that much noise, the voltage is not your issue, also amp amplify what you give them , Sao it works as hard either way.

Actually the input voltage does make a difference, and the less you have to turn the gain up on the amp the better.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The less signal the better for the amp? How?

EDIT: sorry I misread your statement. Big signal good.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I'm going to have to get a couple of headunit I guess and clamp amperage draw on the same amp with like 1v vs 5v input

What does current draw have to do with it?

I'm not talking about the amp having to wok harder, I'm talking about the advantages of a higher input voltage, such as needing less gain, and better noise rejection.

A big learning process is an understatement, especially since you aren't learning anything from all the people who have posted in your threads.

You're reading all kinds of things that you clearly don't understand and just taking them as gospel.

You gonna get some speakers with optical in?

If you think keeping it digital as long as possible is the way to go just drop all your money on that clarion full digital system, can't keep it digital any longer than that does.

Then come back and let us know when dissapoinment sets in.

You want Sq why don't you start checking out Sq builds and seeing what the actual guys who compete in it do with their systems.

If i was taking it as gospel i wouldnt be here asking questions. I said im "trying" to get the digital signal all the way to the amp (before speakers). And i was interested in doing that with toslink cables becuase theyre emune to eletrical interference in the signal being carried. Rcas and coaxial cables "could" pick up some unwanted noise. So since thats one less thing to worry about (noise) when using toslink, i figure i try to see if i can find quality gear to do that. Do you think its bad to set up a system thru almost all digital? If so, why is it bad?

Archived