Bass Mekanik songs clipping

Try ovnilab.com

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Elaborate shade tree. I was taught that the clipped wave causes the motor to jump past its limits. I'm always up for education. Why is it just bass mekanik songs that cause this?

Clipping isn't all or nothing, it can range from just the slightest amount of clipping where the top of the sine wave is just beginning to flatten out all the way up to a full square wave which is as bad as it gets.

Very slight clipping won't do much of anything, full square wave is bad news for your subs. I can see where it may possible, in theory, for a full square wave to cause more excursion from your subs than a full strength non-clipping signal, but I'm pretty skeptical about it actually happening. I think its much more likely you will let the magic smoke out of your coil first.

If the songs don't have clipped content, and your gains are set properly so signal being sent to your amp isn't above the threshold at which it will clip, clipping shouldn't be an issue. Its possible there is something else going on with your system. I know for a fact Alpine's port area recommendations for their subs are HORRIBLY undersized.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Speakers excursion tracks voltage pretty well, if they didn't they wouldn't work. Obviously resonances can cause more or less excursion, but a set amount of voltage causes a set amount of movement. If this wasn't the case then at the slightest bit of voltage the cone would launch itself. Clipping increases power but the max voltage is the same. A sub can't reproduce a clipped wave exactly since the sharp cutoffs are harmonics that'll be harmonics outside its capabilities (if clipping components or the track is clipped, these harmonics go to the tweeter, greatly increasing the power its getting, potentially blowing it). But its excursion should be pretty similar to a non clipped signal

I'm guessing you either got lucky with your gains, or they were clipping a little to begin with and since these bass tracks have very exaggerated bass its making it clip enough to become audible

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

You said your box is build to Alpine specs, what specs exactly was your box built to? Alpine specifies a range of box sizes that will work.

My suggestion would be to play around with a sine wave generator (you can get an app for your phone) and try to determine what frequency you experience the problem.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived