Need 2 runs from front battery to rear battery?

Hello, I have what I hope is a simple question.

I'm wanting to run a SoundQubed 3500 with the dual inputs.

I've got a 270A alt with a stock battery under the hood, and an XS Power D3100 in the rear.

I'm wondering if I can wire it as such:

RJT3hQtl.jpg

or if I need to do 2 runs from the front battery to the back battery.

I'm using 2/0 welding cable and fusing with 250A fuses.

Is there any advantage to having two runs from the front battery to the rear? And if so, would I want 2 runs from the alternator positive to the front battery as well?

I see a lot of people doing multiple runs from the front, but I haven't been able to secure a good reason for it.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Typically more wire = less resistance for the electricity.

(I'm no professional) but I'd take as many runs from front to back as id take to my amp (or more) and dont forget a ground somewhere in there too (Some say front to back, some say frame grounds are fine)

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

What you have in your drawing will work fine but if it was me I'd have 2 runs from front to back (cause your gonna want a little more power someday). Also overkill is good. Rather have more reserve flow than not enough if needed.

No need for 2 runs from the alt to the front batt because the length of travel is not that far and 2/0 should be plenty for a short run.

What you have in your drawing will work fine but if it was me I'd have 2 runs from front to back (cause your gonna want a little more power someday). Also overkill is good. Rather have more reserve flow than not enough if needed.

No need for 2 runs from the alt to the front batt because the length of travel is not that far and 2/0 should be plenty for a short run.

I see.

Sounds good to me, I'll go ahead and do the extra run then.

Thanks fellas

I see.

Sounds good to me, I'll go ahead and do the extra run then.

Thanks fellas

Agreed, if you're running one, and you have extra space, might as well run two. If you plan on upgrading your already set. If you're never ever going to upgrade, one is totally fine. OFC of course ;)

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Yes, if budget isn't an issue and you might upgrade later on 2 runs is better than 1. Remember to fuse properly, no one wants there shit to burn up. What kind of alt are you running?

I have a Singer 220 amp, and three Batts on 4 amps but over did the electrical for 3300 watts total.

SHCAwireupgrade2014007_zpsbfc03aac.jpg

2 HC 1800's in the rear. Midbass and sub amps.

IMG_2592_zpsrkjo7z19.jpg?1477364032958&1

Only reason i run this Blue Top is to keep stock electrical on the inner terminal post. Will upgrade when is at the end of its life.

SHCAwireupgrade2014006_zpsff5a0885.jpg

2 runs of 0 Gauge thru the car and 4 gauge to amps.

IMG_1936_zps9d4750da.jpg

Mids & Highs amps

IMG_1939_zps11bd0bcd.jpg

Give ya an idea of what i did.

Archived