Behringer iNuke NU1000 Amp Dyno Test

I've noticed the past few years the Behringer amps have been pretty popular. I've seen some tests of the larger amps NU3000 and such, but nobody I could find had tested the $149 NU1000. Alrighty then, time for BigD to buy one and try it on the Dyno!

Watch on YouTube in 1080P HD

or embedded below:

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

huh i kinda had hope for this one o well still pretty descent for 600 watts @ $149

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

huh i kinda had hope for this one o well still pretty descent for 600 watts @ $149

Wow.... id rather take my chances at a pawn shop.....

i have seen good and bad from this brand. so i have mixed feels

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

It's unfortunately that Behringer markets their amps based on their "Peak" output, not RMS and even then its still inflated. That amp is rated at 750 watts RMS bridged in to 4 ohms, which it still didn't reach, but at least it got closer to.

I've seen other tests done on these amps on some home audio forums and they pretty much had the same results as Dereck did. I've had a nu3000 DSP for a couple years now and I've been very happy with it. I bought mine knowing what to expect in terms of output capacity. Despite the amp not putting out its rated power, I've been very satisfied with mine, the DSP functionality is awesome and I've never had any issues with the amp. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

If Behringer would just market their amps as what they really are (the nu1000 as a 600 watt amp and the nu3000 as a 2,000 watt amp) I think that would eliminate about 90% of people complaints about them. At their actual output capacity there still isn't anything that really comes close to them in price.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

It's unfortunately that Behringer markets their amps based on their "Peak" output, not RMS and even then its still inflated. That amp is rated at 750 watts RMS bridged in to 4 ohms, which it still didn't reach, but at least it got closer to.

I've seen other tests done on these amps on some home audio forums and they pretty much had the same results as Dereck did. I've had a nu3000 DSP for a couple years now and I've been very happy with it. I bought mine knowing what to expect in terms of output capacity. Despite the amp not putting out its rated power, I've been very satisfied with mine, the DSP functionality is awesome and I've never had any issues with the amp. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

If Behringer would just market their amps as what they really are (the nu1000 as a 600 watt amp and the nu3000 as a 2,000 watt amp) I think that would eliminate about 90% of people complaints about them. At their actual output capacity there still isn't anything that really comes close to them in price.

Pretty much this. Not that they are bad amps but they are cheap for a reason. I have a similar Crown amp that I know isn't making gobs of power but it has plenty for the price.

I have the inuke 6000 four channel on my DJ setup. No DSP but I use the built in crossovers. It seems to have enough power for what I am doing. Has anyone seen this on a dyno?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I have the inuke 6000 four channel on my DJ setup. No DSP but I use the built in crossovers. It seems to have enough power for what I am doing. Has anyone seen this on a dyno?

I'm getting the 2ch version of the NU6000 soon. Tests I've seen show just over 2000w RMS. Since you have the 4ch version, I'd say 1000w per channel, which is still pretty insane!

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Archived