Mounting 1 amp underseat and 1 in passanger foot-well

I wouldn't use pl, you'd be making it permanent,

and that shit is nasty.

Is there another adhesive youd suggest instead of pl? For a car audio application. Bonding metal to plastic most likely. Some abs, so id have to besure the adhesive doesnt melt plastic. Im more comfortable with glueing than drilling thru the body. Im sure there are some things you could use to loosen the adhesive if i really needed to. But thats something id look into after i find a good adhesive.

wire length costing too much? You are in the wrong hobby, shot costs money......

High quality Rcas cost a pretty penny. I didnt say it cost "too much" i said i could save a few bucks. Ive already bought 1k worth of deadener, a dex-p99rs, mechman 240, mosconi AS100.4. So i know this shit cost money..... BUT SAVING a few dollars by only buying the lengths i need would be pretty nice, right? Lol

Good rca cables aren't expensive at all, regardless of length,

Especially when you consider the cost of everything else involved.

I can't recommend an adhesive for that application since that's not what I would personally do to secure them.

If you're scared to make a few holes in your car this probably isn't a hobby you should get in too,

Just saying.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If you use PL, you'd better make damn sure that that is where you want the amp. If you decide to move it thenow good luck getting that board off. That stuff is really good...until you have to remove something it was bond to. It's also hard to get off your hands and makes a mess of you're not careful. But I still love the stuff. It does what it needs to do very well...almost too well.

I used pieces of survey stake screwed to the cab body under the floor covering and then mounted the amps to that in the rear footwells of my Ranger.

Worked great for me.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

If you use PL, you'd better make damn sure that that is where you want the amp. If you decide to move it thenow good luck getting that board off. That stuff is really good...until you have to remove something it was bond to. It's also hard to get off your hands and makes a mess of you're not careful. But I still love the stuff. It does what it needs to do very well...almost too well.

Yah i understand that its gonna do exactly what i wanted, bond two things together with strength. Id make sure thats where i want it before any glue/epoxy or screws were used. Would u recommend the Loctite brand of adhesives for automotive? Or anyothers u think would be better? For bonding abs plastic to metal.

Good rca cables aren't expensive at all, regardless of length,

Especially when you consider the cost of everything else involved.

I can't recommend an adhesive for that application since that's not what I would personally do to secure them.

If you're scared to make a few holes in your car this probably isn't a hobby you should get in too,

Just saying.

Not expensive when compared to everything else ive bought already but there is a price difference in lengths. The rcas i was lookin at is the stinger 9000 series. 20ft-$275....17ft-$250....12ft-$230....6ft-$190...3ft-$170?

Now apply those prices for my 3way front stage....i ran some string from my sparetire well to the headunit to get a decent measurement, came out to 14ft4in. So id get the 17foot rca cables to be safe, thats $250x3=$750? Cheap huh?lol. Now try the same thing from my seat and foot well locations.....underseat to headunit is 5ft10in. And footwell would be less than 3feet. Id use the closer location for my 4channel, so thats 2 three foot rcas $170x2=$340 and one 6foot rca which is $190. So 190+340=$530......thats $220 in savings. All i said was it would save me a few bucks on wires, and it WOULD if i got the rcas i was planning on getting. Thats not even including the 6 runs of speaker wire i would have to run from the trunk to the front. So does that clear up why i feel it would save me few bucks? Lol geez man. Thanks tho, i know yall just trying to help.

You keep thinking a higher price means a better product,

Those stinger rca's are a ripoff, those are for the guy that has more money than brains and thinks the more money he spends the better the sq he will get.

Get the smd rca's,

Or the soundrive ones.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I've had good results with velcro. It may sound a little lame but let's be honest here how fucking secure do you really need them to be? If it's going under the seat you obviously aren't using massive boards. It won't take much to keep them in place. You could obviously try less extreme adhesives as well.

Bottom line is you gotta get creative with it, and do some experimenting.

Archived