Mounting 1 amp underseat and 1 in passanger foot-well

Just wondering whats the best way to secure an amp under a seat. Do i screw right into the body? If so, short length sheet metal screws? Is there something specific to becareful of when screwing through the floor? Is there a better way without having to screw in? I was thinking maybe also trying some strong velcro, something like that, maybe neo magnets? Any ideas guys?

Also im mounting another amp on the side of the "transmission hump" whatever thats called. Its the wall thats on the LEFT side of the passangers foot area, right below the headunit and stuff. The amp wont fit under the passanger side due to an extra bracket and wires on that side. But the driver side has a ton of room. I dont want to have the front stage amps in the trunk. So with that amp on the "hump" wall, id probabaly need more structural holding strength because it would be upright and not laying flat on the ground. Thats kind of skectchy screwing into the trans hump, any suggestions on how i should mount them in those locations would be appreciated.

I would put them in the trunk. The one under the seat will get full of dirt and junk. To do it right you would have to screw it through the floor pan or somehow attach it to the seat bracket. It will be a pain to get to when you adjust the gain and crossover, check connections to make sure they are tight etc. The one on the trans hump will need to mounted to something other than plastic. It would also be a target for thieves. Why don't you want to put them in the trunk?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Put them in the trunk.

Both of those spots are a bad idea for amp placement.

If you don't want them in the trunk maybe build an amp rack into your rear dash.

Also I prefer to not mount amps directly to the car, I like to mount them to wood and then mount the wood to the car so it's secure.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I would put them in the trunk. The one under the seat will get full of dirt and junk. To do it right you would have to screw it through the floor pan or somehow attach it to the seat bracket. It will be a pain to get to when you adjust the gain and crossover, check connections to make sure they are tight etc. The one on the trans hump will need to mounted to something other than plastic. It would also be a target for thieves. Why don't you want to put them in the trunk?

My car isnt dirty, specially under the seats lol. That gives me an idea, maybe i could mount a "U" shape bracket to the bottom of the seat bracket(seat bracket is raised off the floor), then mount the amp on the U......that seems possible. then i wouldnt have to screw thru the floor. Ill be using my HU for processing, ill just have to set the gains.

The trans hump is metal, but i dont know how safe it would be to drill/screw into that area. Is there a specific type of screw i should use if i drill into the body? Theives is one reason i wanted it under the seat, its not visable and it would take alot more time and work to get it out from under the seats. But the passenger seat has more things under it and the amp wont fit. Maybe instead of the hump ill try the front wall/firewall. Theres enough room for it to fit there infront of the passengers feet and would probably be a alot more hidden. The reason i wasnt going with the front wall was cuz i was thinking of making kicks for my midbass. But that plan is canceled now because the driver side kick has a big blockage by the kick, i think its some kinna torque bar for the E-brake pedal. So ill have to use the doors for midbass location. That sounds like a better plan than the trans spot yah? Its a dodge charger, lots of leg room in that area. But would being that close to the engine-bay have side effects to the sound?

I didnt want the front stage amps in the trunk and have to run rcas and speaker wire all the way up to the dash. I was trying to keep the signal wires short for maybe a lil more sound quality. Keeping my front stage drivers close as possible to the front stage amps is a good way to go if possible yah? The the trunk would have both my stock battery and sub amp in the wheel-well and sub box in the trunk, that way all the speakers are close to their amps. That was what i was going for anyway. Im getting 3 amps, one 4ch for tweets and midrange, one 2ch for midbass, one mono or maybe a stronger 2ch bridged for sub.

Damn, lol alright ill end it here for now, thanks guys.

Put them in the trunk.

Both of those spots are a bad idea for amp placement.

If you don't want them in the trunk maybe build an amp rack into your rear dash.

Also I prefer to not mount amps directly to the car, I like to mount them to wood and then mount the wood to the car so it's secure.

I wanted the mids-highs amp up closer to the speakers up front so i can keep my wires short and maybe save a couple bucks on shorter rcas wires and speaker wires. My sub amp will be in the wheel well. What do u use to mount the wood to the car? Im also not too happy about the amp laying on body metal, not sure if itll disrupt any electronics or stuff. But then again everything metal is going to have DampPro on it.

What you'd use to mount them depends on where they will be mounted and the position they will be mounted in.

Put them in the trunk, you'll regret having an amp in the footwell.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You should just mount everything in the trunk where it is easily accessible. The easier it is to access, the easier it is to troubleshoot problems or make adjustments when issues arise, as they always do. You're not going to lose or gain any sound quality in a difference in wire length, unless your connections are bad or you're using bottom dollar conductors. Make everything easy to access in one central area, run the necessary amount of wiring with a little bit of slack, and stop thinking that you're going to lose any sound quality by having longer cable in a small car.

Cable and wire length makes no difference in a car. The longest runs are still short.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

You have to remember that he's trying to make his build overly complicated for himself by buying into a bunch of bullshit.

Keep the wiring lengths close to the same and you will be just fine no matter where you mount the amps.

You guys are missing my main question i was trying to ask. What* are some methods of securing equpiment to the metal of the car? You just screw right in? Are there spots u should never screw thru? Thats the only reason i mentioned my amp location is to see if anybody knew if it was dangerous to screw thru those areas, or maybe someone knew that its thick enough that a small screw wont go all the way thru. Also if anyone knew if those spots would cause signal interference, being close to the trans and firewall. Even if i put the amps in the trunk, im still asking for the best techniques to secure them to the vehicle. Thanks tho guys for suggesting putting it all in the trunk.

Archived