Computer speaker suggestions?

Go old school, look at garage sales/pawn shops to get a cheap a/b reciever from the 70's or 80's and some classic speakers to match. With a bit of digging for some "good" stuff you'll never use that crap "pc" audio stuff again.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Go old school, look at garage sales/pawn shops to get a cheap a/b reciever from the 70's or 80's and some classic speakers to match. With a bit of digging for some "good" stuff you'll never use that crap "pc" audio stuff again.

I second this.

I use an Onkyo receiver which mostly just powers some DJ headphones, It has some speakers hooked up but I really never use them.

The majority of the stuff on the market is straight crap, even more crap if your going to use them for gaming a nice set of headphones beats out speakers every time.

If your heart is set on actual speakers get Klipsch http://www.klipsch.com/computer-speakers

Looks like they dont have surround sound pc packages no more, but maybe in their other categories they offer some, or online sites with old stock possibly if surround sound is your thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-ProMedia-Ultra-5-1-Computer-Speakers-Excellent-Condition-/262681335149?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

I found a Onkyo reciever with a 5.1 speaker set-up I found off craigslist for 90 dollars. A lot of people are moving away from those for stuff that takes up a lot less space, like the soundbars. Pretty easy to find a decent deal on your local craigslist.

I think I paid about 40 for mine. Honestly never even looked to see if it had 5.1, I do know its older since it has no hdmi inputs/outputs.

But for what I bought it for no need to be.

Its been good to me for a few years now.

I had 2 different previous $150ish Sonys and both blew, all they have been used for is my Pioneer HDJ-1500 headphones.

I prefer a nice receiver but Im always changing speakers

shit im using the 3 skar 12" subs that were a SOTM giveaway as my sub stage on my PC

four 6.5" soundqubed pro speakers, two re audio xxx 6.5" and two crescendo silk dome tweet.

and two york grandeur bookshelf speakers

its not surround sound by any means but I can feel the midrange in my chest

I prefer a nice receiver but Im always changing speakers

shit im using the 3 skar 12" subs that were a SOTM giveaway as my sub stage on my PC

four 6.5" soundqubed pro speakers, two re audio xxx 6.5" and two crescendo silk dome tweet.

and two york grandeur bookshelf speakers

its not surround sound by any means but I can feel the midrange in my chest

id love to see how you have all that steup lol I used to run a onkyo receiver to some old door speakers when i made my own ghetto "surround sound" lmao!

Archived