Second Skin Audio

blow through box for trunk help please

punchy

Ok so I have two 15 inch kicker cvx in trunk of car witch are vary loud but im not getting as much bass in the car cabin as I would like I have this dumb metal plate that goes over the whole back seat so its fucking up everthing i really just want to cut the shit out but i have read that its a bad idea so my friend suggested that I should build a blow through and cut a hole in the middle so I can get more bass I was hoping someone could help me come up with a box design

Dont think you will have the space for that . Would be a 4th or 6th order bandpass and there is no way you could do 2 15s properly . . . Whats the specs of the enclosure you have them in now?

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Sorry I took so long but the car is a 1990 buick Buick LeSabreI.... I have two 15s up firingMax dimensions are ....

H 16

W40

D 26

I have a nice box in there im just not getting enough bass in the inside... on the out side of the car the truck is going crazy im breaking the tail lights it sucks lol ...I know sound deadening but I guess what im trying to do is get more bass in the inside ...and I wouldn't mind cutting sky hole in the back seat so what should I do

Any advice would be great I just really cant stand all the bass in the trunk and the trunk looking like its got to break off im going throw back tail light like crazy smh ha I need it he bass in side with me I want to hear my music an feel it..thank you guys I dont care what we have to do lets do it ha

You could cut out most of the rear deck. Make a box under the deck that is open on the top and mates up to the deck underneath. It would be the same size as the front of your box. This would be like a loading chamber that is open to the rear deck and attaches to the box. The deck could be finished with some steel mesh like speaker grill material.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Got any pictures of your enclosure? Because what you think is a nice box the subs mite not think so. The enclosure is one of the biggest things you can do to improve sound. . .

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Archived