Sundown Audio

efficient 2000 watt amps?

bleedingblue

Another one of those coming on here asking for advice and not willing to accept the suggestions given ...

Nice ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Dirty signal and distortion is what alway destroys subs , I've been over powering my subs for about a year but it's clean power from the amp and the subs love it.

Do you think that's true?

Music itself contains distortion and clipping which you are indeed sending to your speakers.

So everyone's speakers should be dead if what you say is true.

Another one of those coming on here asking for advice and not willing to accept the suggestions given ...

Nice ...

Did you know that amps can operate at 8 ohm, 6 ohm, 4 ohm, 2 ohm , 1 ohm or whatever you want to run it at. (Sarcasm for your safe space) Just have the available subs and wire the way you want. Now if this amp is too much for the 8's to handle in my box then i will run em at 2 ohm.

Its no big deal just pull the subs and rewire.

Also what is the physical limits of these subs? Just asking you since you seem to know.

I know more than you think about amplifiers brother.

And to answer your second question, it's all about goals, application, trial, and error my friend. No where near enough info about your specific application to give driver characteristics at this time.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Wouldn't running at high voltage be more efficient than the standard 12v car system? More voltage means less amperage which usually means less heat, right? I know it's probably a grossly over simplification but is that true?

Archived