Jump to content

Got Pulled over because my trunk rattle can be heard 3 blocks away....


Recommended Posts

Posted

omg lag double posted

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

Do you have the subs pointed at the trunk lid? You can adjust the striker for the trunk latch to make it tighter.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

Here's an update of the videos to show you the rattle. Videos recorded with my Zenphone 2

P_20161126_160144.jpg

P_20161126_160155.jpg

Trunk Lid Open [Psyph Morrison]:

Trunk Lid Closed [Psyph Morrison]:

DC Audio XLM2's in cabin [5 on it]:

Trunk Lid Rattle Closed [5 on it]:

Im not trying to come off as a asshole here. But dude, thats like ... no rattle. LOL. Just saying. For a trunk build, thats not much at all. Hardly any really.

Posted

I think it might by rattling somewhere my license plate area. I added fatmat under the license plate long time ago but maybe it needs more sound deadening.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

I think it might by rattling somewhere my license plate area. I added fatmat under the license plate long time ago but maybe it needs more sound deadening.

ya dude. Your deck lid is hardly moving. How the cop heard that 3 blocks away... hmmmmmmm I hardly heard it on the computer. I thought your deck lid was moving half a inch, and shit, like most trunk builds. Again, just saying. You wont eliminate it, ever. But, that, that is certainly able to get quieter for sure.....

Posted

I think it might by rattling somewhere my license plate area. I added fatmat under the license plate long time ago but maybe it needs more sound deadening.

You wont eliminate it, ever. But, that, that is certainly able to get quieter for sure.....

I'll try and test again next week with the license plate off to figure out what else is rattling around that area. Probably missed a spot of sound deadening. Why my replies going inside quotes all the time on this forum???

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

I just noticed from my picture that I still have fatmat near the end of my trunk lid lol. That might be why it's rattling like a mofo near the end of the lid ~_~

Well now... based on everyone's comments so far, the rattle is not that bad thanks to Second Skin sound deadening I guess. The part that rattles might bet he Fat Mat end that I missed.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 477 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...