WalledSonic Posted March 20, 2017 Author Report Posted March 20, 2017 Worked on the amp rack too. Found some stickybacked felt at the fabric store Screwed the amp down from the back of the rack I cant wait to get the windshield brace done so I can get this 6k back in! Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ (4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ IG @walledsonic
BP1Fanatic Posted March 22, 2017 Report Posted March 22, 2017 Looks purdy! 2011 Ford Crown Vic LX, LActrical 240A alternator, A6 Pro, Orion Cobalt CBT.3500.4, 2 CO652C's, CBT.4500.1, 8 JBL GX1200's in an Isobaric BP4.
lancelot0069 Posted March 22, 2017 Report Posted March 22, 2017 Nice build, I'd love to get a demo next time I'm in Houston and you have it finished. Just doin' my thing in the car audio. Still working on getting build forums up. Gen Coupe http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188409-2013-38-genesis-coupe-track-when-speed-meets-bass/
WalledSonic Posted March 22, 2017 Author Report Posted March 22, 2017 1 hour ago, lancelot0069 said: Nice build, I'd love to get a demo next time I'm in Houston and you have it finished. Sure thing man. Windshield brace coming soon, then reinstalling the 6k, then getting those 8s in the doors with new tweeters. Then it will be demo worthy! Thanks for checking it out. Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ (4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ IG @walledsonic
WalledSonic Posted March 31, 2017 Author Report Posted March 31, 2017 Been a while since I've updated the build log. Had a vacation last week and now I'm waiting on the welder to get my pole welded in. The guy is a bit flaky but does legitimate work. He told me to come by this weekend, so we'll see how that goes. Right now, I have a 1500W amp in since the 6K will royally fuck my shit up. The pinch welds at the windshield are all broken (as previously mentioned). The brace on the windshield helps reduce flex a bit, but I need that pole in ASAP. Here's what the pinch seam sounds like as its flapping around (its hard to hold the phone sideways while driving, so deal with it) : Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ (4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ IG @walledsonic
FullerExplorer Posted April 2, 2017 Report Posted April 2, 2017 Very nice build for sure bro, what was that walls dimensions that you premade to stick inside and any other specs would be much appreciated.
Karkov Posted April 2, 2017 Report Posted April 2, 2017 Schmexy! 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
WalledSonic Posted April 2, 2017 Author Report Posted April 2, 2017 15 hours ago, FullerExplorer said: Very nice build for sure bro, what was that walls dimensions that you premade to stick inside and any other specs would be much appreciated. Thanks for checking it out. The box is: Volume: 12.5cu ft Port area: 5"W x 27.75"H (5.5:1, a little high) Port length: 21.5" Tuned at 33-34Hz Although, I would build a box that fits your car specifically, especially if you have an explorer. I wish mine was tuned to 30Hz with a better port ratio and 14-15cu ft total. That would play a little lower and louder than i currently am. Oh well, maybe next build. For now, I'm focused on maximizing this little daily rig of mine. I dropped off my windshield brace parts with the welder on saturday. I talked with him for over an hour, he seems pretty competent. Hopefully i'll have good news in a week or so. Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ (4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ IG @walledsonic
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted April 2, 2017 Report Posted April 2, 2017 That amp rack looks awesome! I'm getting some ideas for my build. If I ever get time to work on it. lol 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
WalledSonic Posted April 2, 2017 Author Report Posted April 2, 2017 You always seem to have good advice, post a build log man, i'd like to see it! Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ (4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ IG @walledsonic
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.