Rockford Fosgate P1000x5 4 gauge power input to 1/0

I am looking for an adapter to go from 4 gauge to 1/0 on my Rockford amp. I have an extra set of toolmaker adapters but they don't fit for some reason. Its like they are either too short or too large of stud. I ground the stud that goes into the amp but it just wont grab it. Does anyone know what adapter will work with this amplifier?

The reason I ask is I am running 4 gauge OFC wire to my amp and when I had it turned up this morning I noticed my lights were dimming. I have installed a DC 180 amp alt and an agm battery under the hood. I think it might be trying to pull too much power out of the 4 gauge wire and needs to be bigger?? Cant think I need another battery with this power. I had a Soundqubed 125.4 and a Soundqubed 2200 running 2 12s in my truck with dual 1/0 to the sub amp and 4 gauge to the 4 channel and didn't have this happen. Not sure whats going on. Might have to check the alt for a problem.

Thanks

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Does your amp terminal have a piece of metal inside that is between the set screw and the wire that it clamps? Most of the adapters I have seen have a flat spot cut out where the set screw clamps down. I think you might need one that is flat the whole way. 1/0 would help the front battery do its job.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Does your amp terminal have a piece of metal inside that is between the set screw and the wire that it clamps? Most of the adapters I have seen have a flat spot cut out where the set screw clamps down. I think you might need one that is flat the whole way. 1/0 would help the front battery do its job.

I think that is how it clamps down. I tried to grind it down into more of a square but it still wouldn't grab and hold. It seems like it needs to be longer. Maybe I need to take out the amp and check it out on the bench and see what I can do to make it fit if possible. The toolmaker adapters are nice though.

I will check it out tomorrow.

Wish I could just drop in a litho battery in the back under seat well of the truck and power it with that but dang that's too much coin for me.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

You could also run the 1/0 to a distribution block and then a short piece of 4 gauge to the amp.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

So what I ended up doing is taking a set of double toolmaker power and ground 1/0 to 1/0 that I had from another build I did and cut them in half with my band saw. Then I cut the back of each as much as I could with out cutting into the hole that the wire goes into. Then I cut down the 1/0 stud on the back to the size I needed for the amp. Worked like a charm. I touched them up with my air grinder with a sanding disc on it. Then I wrapped the ground side with black electrical tape and the power side with grey electrical tape just to protect them. They have about 3/16" clearance between them when tight in the amp but its always a good idea to protect them from touching.

Now all I need to do is buy more 1/0 as I gave it away to the buddy of mine who bought one of my SQ HDC.3 12" subs and SQ amp for his install.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

The lights are gonna dim regardless of what you do, you can lessen it but it won't go away completely.

Did you install a new belt when you put the alt on?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yes ^^^^

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

alts react slowly to current demands, they don't help with diming lights much. So if your lights are dimming more than usual I would check the battery first.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived