Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello everyone! New to this particular forum. 

I am looking to replace my old Rockford Fosgate T1 10D4 with something new. I ran the T1 for a long long time then stopped. I just don't feel it hitting in my chest like I remember. So hence the need to upgrade. I am running a Rockford Fosgate Prime R500x1d. Birth sheet says 633 RMS so real world I'm estimating 560 RMS. 

I have seen the SA-10 rated at 500 RMS but I've seen conflicting details. I do not want to under power this sub. 

I know the sd.3 is supposed to be more SQ based and has an rms rating of 500 rms.

Obviously I would like whichever speaker I decide to have good SQ but I also want to feel it in my chest. I miss that feeling and watching everything in my truck shake.

Any opinions or advice in either direction would be much appreciated.

Thank you

If you want that "punch in the chest" feel, get the SA-10 and port it. It will still handle that RF amp.

I had the SD-12. I liked it but it's made for sealed enclosures only.

I had an E-10 and those get loud too on very little power too. If you had the room, you could almost do two (2) E-10s.

But to your original question....I think the SA is a no-brainer. What vehicle is this going in?

I do not have the room for (2) of any sub lol. This is going in my 1996 Chevy K1500. It's my daily driver and my son rides in it with me. No room to go under the seats for subs. For now this will be built directly behind my drivers seat since that will still leave me a little bit of storage room on the back seat in between his car seat and the sub box. Now once he's old enough to ride upfront that whole back seat is coming out and I'll go back to getting a bit crazy again lol. 

Strap him on the roof and build a wall......

So your box will essentially be in the backseat behind you....correct?

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aculous
      Looking for some computer equipment, I have a ton of stuff I want to trade or sell.
      Looking for 1-2 High end graphics cards, Nvidia 1070/1080 or better. Pro audio amplifiers like a Crown or QSC and high end home audio amplifiers like outlaw audio,emotiva, bryston, pass labs
      Have to trade or sell
      (2) NIB Zapco Sq4x's
      Orion XTR-475 (old school, used)
      Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 prime, new but got rid of the box for some reason
      (2) American bass xfl 8"
      Misc. Sky high wiring, a 4 gauge amp kit, DD-1 and CC-1

• By Sub craze
      I’m debating if I should get 2 12” u series subs or one 15” zv5 sub. I want to be able to feel the most bass. If I got 2 u series subs I would give them 2000 watts each making 4000 watts total and if I had the zv5 series I would give it 4000 watts. Which should I go with?!?
    • By Kraken
      So I'm trying to design a box for my 2 zv3 12's, i have installed 2 bucket seats in the rear of my 02 chevy pickup, and things have changed a ton in that truck since i last posted here. I plan on doing 2 zv3's in a ported box in between the 2 seats, almost like a tall center console. i found a 3D model of a zv3 12 on a different fourm, but i cant get the person to respond with a link to a download. Im just trying to get an accurate look of the box, and also having a model of the sub would be cool
    • By dylan33
      Hey so I've only been having this issue since I switched out my subs and amplifier from a kenwood excelon set up to the rockford amp and subs. Whats happening is the amp BANGS all day no matter what at the lows but the moment it gets to a higher frequency seems like a punchier frequency (I wish i Knew what frequency it was but i Just know its not the low end probably way closer to 80hz), it goes into PROTECTION mode. I thought at first it wasn't getting enough voltage and my battery tested at 50% cause i do have a battery tester at our shop, so I changed my battery today and I'm still having the same issue. I know its not my wiring because i had no problems with others amps and subs ect. Rockfords support tech keeps saying its clipping at this certain frequency, which I'm not eliminating yet, but the thing is I have my gain set to just under 7, and it was still doing the same thing even when i had the gain set to under 5. and it doesnt hit nearly as hard as it should be unless i turn the gain closer to over half. I just want to know what i can eliminate and what i should try if you guys are familiar with this issue. If my amp is clipping why wouldnt it be clipping on the lows and only does it on the highs? Another thing is it hardly does it when I'm parked, mailny does it when I'm driving which is really irritating because I want it when I'm driving I could care less about being parked as this is just my daily driver. Any advice would help. The other 3 installers at my shop said battery and rockford only said clipping.. I also tested my alternator with our snap on tester and it also tested good. All that rockford said was too turn down the gain but I know those subs can handle what I'm giving them at least I would think.. Radio is outputting full 5.0 volts
      Gain = ~60%
      Lpf = ~25%
      Punch EQ = 0
      subsonic filter = 50%
      2005 Dodge Stratus 
      2 Rockford Fosgate P3D412s with RF R1200 Prime Amplifier
      4 gauge rockford power and ground wire 12 gauge rf speaker wire down to 1 ohm
      Kenwood Exceleon kdc x501 subwoofer level set to +10 sub lpf set to through 
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 248 Guests (See full list)