What alt belt are yall running??

So i finally was able to get the alt ive always wanted ?. Large case USAlternator 270! upon getting it i ordered new belts, i have an 01 4runner so it has 3 belts, A/C, power steering, then alt, so they all had to be removed and replaced. Upon installing the alt i got lazy and simply ran the stock alt belt. fast forward two weeks and it snaps.  It squeled a little under load and upon startup but not too bad. I decide to replace with new belts, i have always heard about gatorback belts being the best but could not for the life of me find them online. So i went OEM belt again, but a half inch shorter. belt fit great, had less squel, only on startup for literally like a second or two. fast forward 1 week and it snaps, faster than the old used belt.  So i did more searching and found out Gatorback has been rebadged as "Continental Elite", i ordered the belt, swapped it on, and have had it for a few days. Is anyone else running Continental Elite belts? i still have a very mild squel upon startup for less than a second. i havent put it under heavy load yet, im just trying to see what everyone else is running and what theyre thoughts are. 

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

see the belt i bought to replace my stock one was a gates belt, and it ripped down the middle of the whole belt in two. ive read good things about the continental elite. ive just always heard "gatorback" was the best for our scenario, just seeing what people are buying now if gatorback isnt the brand now.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Gates makes a green fleet series belt that is supposed to be really good.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I run the Gates HD Fleet runner 

IMG_2946_zpso9wacrpw.jpg

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Another vote for the gates green belt. Only ones I found that my subaru wouldn't shred in 2 weeks from stretching. They're kevlar IIRC. It's funny, I'd take the old belt off and it stretched a good 2-3" compared to new. The green ones were about a half inch stretch over 3k miles

• 2 weeks later...

well the continental elite wont be lasting much longer... starting to squeal worse and worse and some of the groove sections are ripping off. time to order the Gates green belt. Only problem is i have a 4-rib alt belt, that is 41.2in, and the gates belt sizes for the 4 rib jump from 39 3/8in to 43 1/8in... what would yall do, smaller or bigger, i dont know how much closer i can move the alt before it begins to hit the engine block, im thinking trying to go more out is my best bet, just not sure if i can 2in worth.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Maybe if you can get a 6 rib in the right size, cut 2 ribs off with a razor knife. I have done this in a pinch.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

14 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Maybe if you can get a 6 rib in the right size, cut 2 ribs off with a razor knife. I have done this in a pinch.

hmm interesting, ill have to see if i can make the 4 rib fit first then as a last dicth effort, id be worried about the cut end fraying, especially since im already have such trouble with any belt once its under load... i shall see

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived