Sundown Audio

Amp not getting enough power?

cheatcode

This guy is starting to sound your tipicle JL lover . :laugh:

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

you have a oscilloscope, you shouldnt be following the flawed chart that I posted, or those JL audio gain setting rules of volume at 75%.

The 75% volume is just a guesstimate, because most decent headunits will be clean at close to max volume if not max volume, so your cutting yourself short by 25%.

But hey, since you know best good luck.

There's  a guy on this site who sells this cool tool I can't remember his name but the tool is called a DD-1.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Just now, Ron36 said:

There's  a guy on this site who sells this cool tool I can't remember his name but the tool is call a DD-1.

If you got a scope, there really isnt much of a need to go by a DD-1, however if the scope is too hard for a person to use it may not be a bad idea. :D

Just now, cheatcode said:

I love JL, hertz, kenwood, some alpine stuff, some older pioneer stuff, older memphis stuff, some infinity stuff, I just like what works and JL stuff tends to hold up pretty well. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

I've come across a lot of JL guys that think there shit don't stink , these guys are trying to help and your being a dick. Step one to setting gains is finding your head unit distortion level. 

you have an oscope, why not just see where your headunit clips? back it down a couple clicks since the resolution seems pretty low then set gains at that volume?

the dd-1 is nice and does a wonderful job of detecting distortion, i think it's overpriced for what it is but it's definitely really cool. i know injection molding, coding, labor, assembly, and the time involved warrants the cost. yes I'm aware what forum i'm on and that steve runs the site. i've read some really great posts and saw a lot of people getting help and helping others and thought I'd sign up.

I posted a very well put together thread with pictures of me using a fluke scopemeter and the admin on the site tells me my rca's are garbage and proceeds to give me a tutorial on how to use a multimeter. Then before him shadetreemechanic and his $200 pawn shop build chimed in talking about resistance/impedance too like that had anything to do with anything. then you "ron36" hopped on the peanut gallery train adding to the constructiveness of this thread by saying "sounds like a jl fanboy" or whatever you said and followed up with letting us know you like to smell dudes asses that own JL stuff. only a fanboy brags about the stuff they have, exhibit a: your signature, i imagine you probably have an andorid or apple sticker on your car window too.

i am the duck is the only one saying anything that makes any sense, and @i am the duck, not sure what you mean by resolution, but increasing the output voltage on my HU isn't helping that's why i think it may be my amp isn't getting enough power - and before anyone says anything the amp has been ruled out and is not defective.

http://IMG_1173_zpsjaaaielg_1.jpg   Don't see an apple sticker 

Archived