Image Dynamics CXS64 v2 anyone heard?

moh.vze.com

If you dont know how to solder you're always better off getting some good crimpers and terminals and going that route instead.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Hmm. The IDs are a little bit deeper than the HAT Unity.

Is it bad if the magnet touches the bottom of my fiberglass door pods? I don't have any bigger speaker o-rings.

image-dynamic-vs-hat-unity-1.jpg

image-dynamic-vs-hat-unity-2.jpg

image-dynamic-vs-hat-unity-3.jpg

image-dynamic-vs-hat-unity-4.jpg

image-dynamic-vs-hat-unity-5.jpg

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Instead of trying to solider the huge 12 ga to the terminal, you could solider a 4 inch piece of 16 ga to the 12 ga as a leader. Then solider the 16 ga to the terminal.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

9 minutes ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Instead of trying to solider the huge 12 ga to the terminal, you could solider a 4 inch piece of 16 ga to the 12 ga as a leader. Then solider the 16 ga to the terminal.

Damn. Why didn't I think of this :(

Anyhow, I'm just going to leave the solder as is for now since everything reads 3.7-4ohms. I'll probably redo it again in the future. For now I just want to Ghetto rig this into my fiberglass eBay doorpod and see how she sounds.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

33 minutes ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

lol the SMD stands for surface mount device. That iron is too small any way. I still use my grandfathers Weller soldiering gun.

IMG_20160809_184630455_zpsayqyvgge.jpg

I hate those things, I think I still got one in my toolbox somewhere. 3 minutes in and your hand is ready to fall of your arm from holding those heavy bastards! LOL

12 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Its bad if thats a pole vent on the bottom

Its not a pole vent, its a screw hole for the phase plug dome or to mount the tweeter in the center.

Just now, audiofanaticz said:

I hate those things, I think I still got one in my toolbox somewhere. 3 minutes in and your hand is ready to fall of your arm from holding those heavy bastards! LOL

Its not a pole vent, its a screw hole for the phase plug dome or to mount the tweeter in the center.

Eat more spinach! lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

shit, my arms are bigger now than they ever where in my life, those things are just bulky heavy pita soldering guns. It wasnt bad using them as the only thing you got, but once you get use to the pen style and go back to those larger beasts for more heat its just so awkward lol

Alright, since I don't have o-ring spacers, what I'm going to do is turn the plastic spacer thing upside down (these came with the HAT Unity) so that I get clearance for the ID magnet from my fiberglass doorpod. Here are some pictures. There's about 5 cm clearance.

spacer-ghetto-rig-1.jpg

spacer-ghetto-rig-2.jpg

spacer-ghetto-rig-3.jpg

spacer-ghetto-rig-4.jpg

spacer-ghetto-rig-5.jpg

spacer-ghetto-rig-6.jpg

spacer-ghetto-rig-7.jpg

spacer-ghetto-rig-8.jpg

It sucks not knowing how to cut wood and do all that carpentry work having Car Audio as a hobby :(

Archived