Image Dynamics CXS64 v2 anyone heard?

moh.vze.com

Buy some cheap lauan plywood and some felt and get some fiberglass resin and try making some pods yourself, use the least expensive materials you can get right now till you get the hang of it, and then try to do a real set for good.

The lumber stores can cut full sheets to sizes you can get to fit in a vehicle.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Got everything screwed down into the pod including the ID grill. I'll finish up the install tomorrow and record a video.

image-dynamics-screwed-into-pod-1.jpg

image-dynamics-screwed-into-pod-2.jpg

image-dynamics-screwed-into-pod-3.jpg

image-dynamics-screwed-into-pod-4.jpg

image-dynamics-screwed-into-pod-5.jpg

image-dynamics-screwed-into-pod-6.jpg

image-dynamics-screwed-into-pod-7.jpg

image-dynamics-screwed-into-pod-8.jpg

image-dynamics-screwed-into-pod-9.jpg

Velcro temporary solution so I can easily take that thing off and fine tune stuff. I'll bolt it to back of door panel once I confirm it sounds good.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I got my pods installed back into my doors with the new Image Dynamics (will post videos tomorrow).

I still need to do more listening and patch up that tweeter hole.

The setup sounds 'good' but has trouble getting loud in those pods :(

How do people get their door pods to sound loud? My HAT Clarus inside my door panel sounds probably 1.5 times louder.

image-dynamics-in-pods-1.jpg

image-dynamics-in-pods-2.jpg

image-dynamics-in-pods-3.jpg

image-dynamics-in-pods-4.jpg

image-dynamics-in-pods-5.jpg

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Videos uploaded!

ID Speakers in the pods (Rear settings on headunit)

and HAT Clarus in the doors (Front setttings on headunit).

Subwoofer is off.

Those are the sexiest mids I have ever seen, would buy the comp set just for the mids alone.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

These Image Dynamics sound pretty good for a $160 open box shipped from SonicElectronix. I still like the HAT Clarus better because it can get louder and maintain sound quality. The ID's and HAT both sound really good but so different from one another. They sound great together (video doesn't do justice). My subs still drowning my front stage though at full tilt.

Next project will be to somehow add my HAT Unity's into the kick panels once I find someone who can build me one. I still got my Elemental Designs eD Nine.2 amp to hook them up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2017 at 2:47 PM, moh.vze.com said:

These Image Dynamics sound pretty good for a $160 open box shipped from SonicElectronix. I still like the HAT Clarus better because it can get louder and maintain sound quality. The ID's and HAT both sound really good but so different from one another. They sound great together (video doesn't do justice). My subs still drowning my front stage though at full tilt.

Next project will be to somehow add my HAT Unity's into the kick panels once I find someone who can build me one. I still got my Elemental Designs eD Nine.2 amp to hook them up.

I have always found the cxs's to be a bit power hungry, it also stumped the hell out of me that they sounded better in leaky but deadened doors. 

8 minutes ago, slowfkncar said:

I have always found the cxs's to be a bit power hungry, it also stumped the hell out of me that they sounded better in leaky but deadened doors. 

A lot of components are designed in a way that infinite baffle style installations will work better than a sealed enclosure. because the majority of time that is how they are going to be installed and used.
When you go and stuff them in a sealed enclosure of some sort your killing the efficiency of the drivers ten fold which results in a lack of midbass, lack of output and so on.
Your only real options would be a ported enclosure instead of sealed or to increase the power going to the drivers to overcome that drop in efficiency (which could then cause issues with keeping the voice coil cool and blowing the drivers).

Archived