Second Skin Audio

Best Glue to re-glue a spider

SGTSKIP

Hey guys and that one chick.

One of my JL Audio 15W3v2 subs spider decided that it wanted to come apart. What Glue would be the best to put her back together. I have Krazy Glue, and some Gorilla Glue 5 minute Epoxy [clear].

Is there something out there that is the better to use or go with what I have?

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

Gluing it will buy you some time but it sounds like it might be unloading. Its hard to glue something that has to be flexible and still has to move. I have not done this before but I would almost use the CA glue that is used to glue the voice coil to the cone. Maybe someone that has done this will chime in.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I'm not in a hurry..... I'm only using her twin right now in my Daily driver, I just want to fix this one and have her ready for a second car or have the loudest garage on My Island

If it tore from the landing or fixed place, ca glue, if its torn in the middle of a ripple, on the spider, i would just run it till it died. Glue wont do anything but tear again on the glue edges. The spider moves,.. so glopping on some hard repair wont do anything. I would just not worry about it and run it till death. Just me. 

it came apart on the edge..... no splits in the middle that I can see. It started to sound funny so I came home with the sub amps turned off. So CA Glue is what I should go get?

I would use a piece of cotton cord like what some companies use to strengthen the joint between the  subs  coil and cone, and CA glue it over the crack. This will give the two sides something to hold on to. Can you get a recone for it? Might be better off rebuilding it if you can.

Pioneer 80PRS

The  rubberized CA glue with activator kit for recones on the Fi website is a good one to use. It's one of the ones I've seen recommended over and over again and even by one of the admins on this page who knows his shit. I used it and it is very thick, easy to use,  and strong as fuck. Just be careful not to use too much activator or it will bubble up. As others have said there may be other issues that are causing overexcursion which may need to be addressed. 

Yeah, rubberized ca that's it.

Pioneer 80PRS

42 minutes ago, Knocker said:

The  rubberized CA glue with activator kit for recones on the Fi website is a good one to use. It's one of the ones I've seen recommended over and over again and even by one of the admins on this page who knows his shit. I used it and it is very thick, easy to use,  and strong as fuck. Just be careful not to use too much activator or it will bubble up. As others have said there may be other issues that are causing overexcursion which may need to be addressed. 

Sounds like your talking about Brian......Tell him, Kyle says hes a gigantic faggot ;)  

Im just assuming whom your speaking of lol.  Anyway, on the landings yup.... if its the spider itself, id do nothing and run it. 
It is kinda odd, that you heard a odd noise..... how big is the tear? I ran with 3 broken rear spider joints for a season and a half,, ... Never heard anything different, then again, my subs couldnt bottom out, maybe yours are.......

Archived