Second Skin Audio

Box help 2X old p3d412's

SNYPER

The external end is 4 1/4" wide and the internal ends are 2 1/8" wide each and correct 2 x 2 1/8" is 4 1/4", on your previous question you will be needing to input some 1200-1300W I'd assume that if the cable is legit 0AWG there should be no problem, however amps specs read:  Maximum Input Gauge Size: 8 AWG??

On 4/11/2017 at 6:01 PM, Joe X said:

The external end is 4 1/4" wide and the internal ends are 2 1/8" wide each and correct 2 x 2 1/8" is 4 1/4", on your previous question you will be needing to input some 1200-1300W I'd assume that if the cable is legit 0AWG there should be no problem, however amps specs read:  Maximum Input Gauge Size: 8 AWG??

your right now that its together port is 4 1/4, and maximum input on speaker terminals is 8,power is 0

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2017 at 6:01 PM, Joe X said:

It's been a long time lol but im almost ready to install the box,thanks again Joe X. Just dropping in to show/give an update on almost finished product.Still have a few more things to do.

1_1.jpg2_1.jpg  3_1.jpg  4_1.jpg  5_1.jpg

DC resistance of each unconnected coil should be about 3.2 ohm, wiring everything in parallel would result in a final load below 1 ohm, you may want to check the subs coils, your wiring and the multimeter itself.

14 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

That box looks badass, what is that wrap called and whered u get it?

I hydrodiped it,a big process and hell of alot of work,i routed all edges round,bondo'd holes/imperfections,sanded,primered,base coated white then clear glow paint then hydro dipped the HEAVY ass box.LMAO i had to buy a 5ft pool just to dip it.

i got my film from https://www.hydrocreations.com  

but there's a ton of places with diff films and diff prices but this place was great and they have hydrovator the best activator and give you your choice of 2 extra samples free.

18 hours ago, Joe X said:

DC resistance of each unconnected coil should be about 3.2 ohm, wiring everything in parallel would result in a final load below 1 ohm, you may want to check the subs coils, your wiring and the multimeter itself.

Ok first off thanks again Joe for the layout the subs far passed my expectations shit is bumping hard and everything on the amp and head unit are basically turned all the way down its late i been at it all day wiring lights ect,tomorrow ill tune in the freq and set.  I tested each coil = 4ohm dead on,paralleled the 2 coils tested = 2 ohm dead on,when i parallel the 2 speakers together on my bolt terminals it fluctuates a bit and i let the meter sit a minute and it hit 1.2 then 1.1 and stayed there.

On 5/5/2017 at 0:58 PM, SNYPER said:

It's been a long time lol but im almost ready to install the box,thanks again Joe X. Just dropping in to show/give an update on almost finished product.Still have a few more things to do.

1_1.jpg     

Damn this box is super legit man i like it.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

6 hours ago, SNYPER said:

I hydrodiped it,a big process and hell of alot of work,i routed all edges round,bondo'd holes/imperfections,sanded,primered,base coated white then clear glow paint then hydro dipped the HEAVY ass box.LMAO i had to buy a 5ft pool just to dip it.

Damn! Lol my initial thought was hydro dipped, but thought no way would someone do that with a big ass box like that lol. Thats dope tho man, awesome work. 

Archived