Second Skin Audio

Polyfill

dsw422

Hey guys. I asked this question in my build log but No one has answered . I need to lower the tuning of my rear chamber (4th order) but am unable to increase volume. I will be using polyfill to hopefully get the desired effect.. only thing is, I don't know how much to add.. 

4th order wall build.

2 RE MT 18s , 6.25 sealed, 13.5 ported.

Thanks for any help..

P.s. I will be buying the polyfill that comes in the 10lb box at Wal-Mart..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

You can put up to around 1.25 - 1.5 lbs per cubic foot of polyfill in.  It will be packed in there pretty tight at that point though.  

While putting polyfill in the rear chamber will lower your sealed resonance (sealed chambers don't have a "tuning"), it will also lower your efficiency.  Its probably going to cost you output.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Here's a RE XXX 15" enclosure with specs rear: 2 net, front: 4 net @ 49Hz with 100 square inches of port area. Yellow: no damping in either chamber, Orange: "heavy" damping on the rear chamber, no damping on the front chamber:

xxx4th.jpg

From the figure you would get a very modest gain below tuning, around tuning a softer peak, this maybe worthwhile for daily setup but not for metering.

If I remember right MTs are recommended for a very large sealed box, and not recommended in a 4th BP simply because it would be too big to fit in most vehicles, if so, most likely your box would not be large enough.

try egg crate foam on the walls of the sealed section

it should lower the frequency well but it will also absorb sound waves on the sealed side...wait not sure if this is a good thing or bad since its sealed

joe whats your thoughts

https://www.amazon.com/Soundproofing-Acoustic-Eggcrate-Studio-Wedges/dp/B01EIHFOTM/ref=sr_1_7?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1494688615&sr=1-7&keywords=acoustic+foam

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

I use egg crate to eliminate reverberation or the hollow sound in a box. I don't know if it would have same effect as a full box of poly fill. Maybe the same as a little bit of poly.

Edit: I use the cheap foam mattress pad kind.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived