Does my car audio wiring look safe and effective?

Good evening everyone,

I was wondering if how I have my car audio setup looks good.  I am open to advice and help in anyway.  The alternator will also be an HO. either 270 or 300 somethings amps.  Where it says Do I need two amps per power run?, it is supposed to say fuses.  All of this will be for 4 FI bl 15s in 20 cubes gross tuned at around 33 hertz in an suv.  The power wire will be 1/0 OFC most likely(knu konceptz, rockford, or cadence.  Not sure on fuse brands yet.  Also recommendations for good RCAs would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

5922cb510df56_caraudiowiring.thumb.png.48dc8fb5cc01e0c90425df584b885113.png

16 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Put 2 more fuses near the rear bank. I won't get into fusing amps or the alt. I'll others do that 

yep, you want fuses near the front battery as well as the rear bank so if in say for example a 15ft run of power wire, the fuses cover shorting of like 14ft of the wire. Where as if you only have it at the front, if it shorts, it will continue to short the rear bank.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Thank you guys.  Do my grounds look good.  I have the rear bank grounded, then I have the amps grounded to that.  Should I have my amps grounded to the rear bank or the chassis?  Also are two runs from the rear bank to the amps needed.(two pos. and two neg per amp)?

Just try to keep ur grounds equal to ur power. Having more grounds than power wont hurt, but having less ground than power might have some issues.

All ground points should be scraped/sanded/grinded to baremetal then use a nut washers and bolt, use some dielectric grease between connection and around it all after its tightened down to protect from corrosion. 

Just a noobs $.02

• 4 weeks later...

Well, given that the alternator is the source of power for the vehicle's accessories when the engine is running and that all current flowing from the alternator must then return to the alternator, you may want to rethink how you can improve current flow from the alternator to your amplifiers and then back to the alternator.

The batteries in a running vehicle are simply another load on the alternator.  Good ones require 3A or less to maintain a surface charge.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Archived