Second Skin Audio

Decaf Astra Question

I think the first chamber is supposed to be around what the sealed box recommendation is. But then it's ported so I don't know. Having a chamber on the small side will help the sub handle more power through better cone control. The first chamber tuning is what is in effect when playing below the tuning of the second chamber. The second chamber port adds to the first chamber port but the second chamber port has zero length so I don't know. I would like to hear it too.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Also for the guy who brought it up, I found a video of the Astra with the term lab meter in the kick with the door open doing a 160.1 with 6 12" MDS subs on 15kW. Idk what tone they're using but I assume that it's pretty darn low compared to most people doing 160s. Here it is.

- 2009 Toyota Matrix Base -

- iPad 64GB -

- miniDSP 2x4 HD -

- PPI Art a200.2 -

- SoundQubed SQ-2200.2 x 2 -

Triticum has a good thread about testing a series 6th order enclosure that was designed using Hornresp. JoeX chimed in with some information too. It was a good read that i recommend based on your curiosity. Im on mobile so im too lazy to find the link. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived