Sonic Electronix

Installed a couple weeks ago my cpillar slide in wall For 6 ab xfl 1222s on 2 dc 5ks.

3 top on 1 dc5k @1.3 ohms  and 3 bottom on another dc5k @ 1.3 ohms.

Have blown the bottom middle woofer now twice.

First time thing I went to hard on it being that it took months to finish and killed the coil.

2nd one was rushing to get it playing for slammology. Broke it in for 3 hours @ 40 and 30 hz on a dc5k @ 4ohns 900 something watts

Went to install it the next day screwed up poked surround like a idiot. Fixed it with shoe goo

Played fine all weekend till my 4th demo at slammology then that infernal slinky sub sound.

What am I doing wrong?

1. this is my first wall

2. First time running 6 subs

3. First time running this kind of power and running 2 dc5k to 1 enclosure

4. Set amps with dd-1 to older 5k cause seemed to be lower of the 2 amps. Set with -5 db track

5. Gain matched both amps to the older 5k with cc-1

6.slide in wall is top L port 

7. Almost seems like bottom 3 subs move more then top ones ( but not 100 percent on this )

5 broken in subs and one new one as soon as I buy another one from ab.

Please help I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out and can't afford to keep replacing subs.

Now have 5 good and 3 bad subs.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Yes bottom middle sub ( newest sub)

IMAG1313_zpsjeonhfyx.jpg

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

IMAG1286_zpsojcn43zd.jpg

IMAG1283_zps9rwsxhtc.jpg

the only difference i see is the way the braces set at the bottom set as opposed to the top, surely it wouldnt make a difference but spl makes zero sense. Possibly add a few 45s butted together at the mid way down of the boxes back wall.

>   --- so it looks like that

would leave a little for the bottom subs to load off of but not a ton

Any veterans have any ideas on this?

That's weird.  The first thing you might try is making a could wedge micrometers (all you need is some note cards and some tape), then you can check and see if you are getting different amount of excursion.594d6bfc02435_WedgeMicrometer.gif.35351c7d12aad9f7d07a25f272074543.gif 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 7 months later...

I know this is a old thread but added wood between braces 1 1/2 thick 4in deep by whatever the measurement is between the bracing bottom sub acts fine no more issues. Top left sub (newest sub blew coil) also 3 newer subs 3 older silver subs.

Where did they go 3Where did they go 1Where did they go2

This is what it currently looks like

Now for my question should I or should I not add wood separating woofers top and bottom 1 1/2 thick wood 6in deep x whatever the space is from left to right. ( to separate the subs from each other) or is this unnecessary box builder told me it would only raise tunning by about. 5hz which I'm tunned to 29hz. Just don't want to have issues after mounting 60 pound woofers then have to pull them out again. Please any help on this would be appreciated Ty.

Archived