150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

op

Your progress looks likes it's coming along great.  I would suggest looking for one of these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kreg-Jig-Pocket-Hole-System-R3/202269070

it will make building a box in the trunk much easier.  See if you can position the batteries standing up instead of having them vertical.  That's what i did in my first trunk build when I didn't have any space.

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

1 hour ago, YukonXL04 said:

Hahaha thanks. Yea It helped make things possible. Basically just 2 boxes, with holes cut in each leaving a 1" or so lip all around. A whole bunch of 3/8ths holes and bolts to secure the 2 together. Used some wide foam weatherstrip in between to seal it up. Got the idea from someone else on here. Seemed easier than building inside the trunk. And its removable to an extent

This idea is the shit. Gonna get started on 2nd box later this week. Got the smaller box halfway done last night. Thank you for helping salvage the possibility of having a loud trunk. ???

4 minutes ago, DiBo said:

This idea is the shit. Gonna get started on 2nd box later this week. Got the smaller box halfway done last night. Thank you for helping salvage the possibility of having a loud trunk. 1f50a.png1f649.png1f601.png

Lol no problem. Give it a shot and see if it will work. Also adds bracing to the box. Luckily my sub is an 18, so I just about climbed through the sub cutout in order to tighten all the bolts. I built it so the sub and ports were all in the front half. But I'm also using flares 6" Aeros and not a slot port.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

4 minutes ago, YukonXL04 said:

Lol no problem. Give it a shot and see if it will work. Also adds bracing to the box. Luckily my sub is an 18, so I just about climbed through the sub cutout in order to tighten all the bolts. I built it so the sub and ports were all in the front half. But I'm also using flares 6" Aeros and not a slot port.

I think I'm gonna try a middle port made outta 3/4 MDF ( kinda like an aero port but rectangular) like the SMD Lexus. Lipped and cleats and weather-strip... First half will be foamed in and cleaned up well and semi permanent. Second half will be removable for access to batteries and maintenance ( taillights etc). 

1 hour ago, Ninja_v1.0 said:

op

Your progress looks likes it's coming along great.  I would suggest looking for one of these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kreg-Jig-Pocket-Hole-System-R3/202269070

it will make building a box in the trunk much easier.  See if you can position the batteries standing up instead of having them vertical.  That's what i did in my first trunk build when I didn't have any space.

I got the kreg mini. Think I'm gonna return it for that one. Thanks for chiming in Ninja. 

Looking good man, doing it proper.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

15 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Looking good man, doing it proper.

Thanks. Trying to step it up on my second try most definitely. Really like your build. I'm gonna eventually be loud... And clean! Gotta get some experience tho. 

fuck using those t-nuts!!!  For the love of fuck do not use those fucking things

also i would suggest remove that angle in the top corner by the opening of the subs.. i would do 45's instead of the ( cant think if what its called that you used but insert name here)

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Yes, please don't use the T nuts...

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived